Revel is an Amazon exclusive brand in the budget foam mattress category. They set themselves way apart from their competitors in the same price bracket by making their mattresses in the USA, not overseas. I think it’s one of the cheapest “Made In USA” mattresses you’re going to find.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll find in this Revel Mattress review and analysis:
- Revel Mattress: Brand Overview
- Revel Mattress Features
- What Does A Revel Mattress Mattress Feel Like To Lie On?
- Is Revel The Right Mattress For You?
- 5 Best Selling Alternatives
- MEMORY FOAM: Triple-layered, 12" hypoallergenic memory foam mattress with 3" Revel All Climate Cooling Gel top layer, 2" Revel LiftTex Alternative Latex foam with airflow channels, and 7" long-lasting DuraBase foam
- COOLING GEL: Revel All Climate Cooling Gel top layer provides enhanced cooling as you sleep and resists changes in external temperature, so your mattress won’t harden in cold weather or overly soften in warm weather
- SUPPORT: Revel LiftTex Alternative Latex middle layer provides responsive support to lift and align your spine throughout the night
- AMAZON EXCLUSIVE: Revel offers supreme comfort, convenience, and quality at a fraction of the price of comparable direct to consumer brands
- MADE IN THE USA: Foam is proudly made in the USA by Innocor Inc. and CertiPUR US certified. Vacuum packed and shipped directly to you for easy and convenient setup. Comes with a 10-year warranty for lasting quality
Revel Mattress: Brand Overview
Revel is an Amazon exclusive mattress brand. Revel is owned by FXI, a producer of products for a wide range of industries including home and health care. FXI merged with Innocor in 2019: Innocor is a well known foam producer in the USA who has been in business since the 1950’s, so you could say they know a bit about foams.
Because the merger happened recently, you may see Revel being referred to as an Innocor brand, and indeed it is Innocor foams that are used in the mattresses.
The size of the company and well established foam production business meant they have been able to design and sell Revel mattresses: budget priced all foam mattresses with clever innovations AND made in the USA.
Revel Mattress Features
The Revel Mattress is a fairly standard three foam layer construction, but it has some standout features:
- 12 Inch depth (many other mattresses at this price or even at higher prices are only 10 inches, especially if you want made in the USA)
- Cover: a white polyester knit (standard mattress cover fabric at this price) with a striking pattern
- Comfort layer 1: A generous 3 inches of memory foam. This has been infused with gel to help with temperature regulation. This comfort layer is there to provide contouring and pressure relief.
- Comfort layer 2: 2 Inches of “Lifttex” foam. This is a proprietary foam engineered to behave like latex. This means it’s highly responsive: it’s a great layer to have under the memory foam because it provides cushioning and support without letting the memory foam sink down too far. It’s also an open cell foam for breathability, and as you can see in the picture it has convolutions in the top to promote better air flow than regular all foam mattresses.
- In total, Revel has 5 inches of comfort foams, which is generous at this price. They are cleverly designed and well thought out to act together for the perfect blend of contouring and support.
- Base Foam: This is a pretty standard 7 inches of high density polyfoam. Note the small mistake Revel need to fix in their picture: it says 20 year warranty but in fact your warranty is 20 years so please be aware of that.
What Does A Revel Mattress Mattress Feel Like To Lie On?
Revel has been designed to have a medium feel. This is where the majority of people are going to sleep comfortably as it shouldn’t be too firm or too soft. Revel rate the mattress themselves as a 5 out of 10 on the mattress firmness scale, which is is a common medium score, perhaps a tiny touch softer.
When you lie on a Revel mattress, you’ll feel yourself sinking nicely into the contouring memory foam which is directly under the cover. Don’t worry, you won’t sink too far though: just enough to cradle your pressure points. The Lifttex foam will kick into action with your body-weight to stop you sinking further, providing a nice balance of buouyant cushioning under the memory foam.
You shouldn’t get overly hot sleeping on Revel as it has three features to keep you cool (gel infusion, open cell Lifttex, convolutions in the Lifttex). However, in general, all foam mattresses do sleep slightly warmer than hybrids because air naturally circulates the best through the coils of a hybrid.
Is Revel The Right Mattress For You?
While Revel has a medium feel that should work for a lot of people, this mattress is not for everyone. Here’s my recommendation for who will like it and who should check out something else:
Buy Revel If:
- You want a cheaper mattress that is made in the USA
- You’re not looking for a very firm mattress
- You are of lighter body weight (the lower density foams should work better for you)
Don’t Buy Revel If:
- You weigh over 230 lb (this mattress will probably be too soft to give you the support you deserve). Read my review of the best budget pick for your weight here.
- You sleep on your stomach. Stomach sleepers put a lot of pressure on their lower backs in the night, and their hips can dip if their mattress is not supportive enough. You’ll need a firmer mattress to keep your hips and lower back in line.
- You’re looking for a mattress for every day use that’s going to last a long time: Revel is a budget brand so the foams inside are going to be cheaper, which means they will break down sooner. If you’re looking for something comfy for 1-3 years I think Revel will be fine. Anything longer and you’ll need to invest in something of higher quality, like one of these.
Want To Explore Other Budget Mattresses? Here Are The 5 Best Sellers On Amazon
- FOAM AND SPRINGS: Our premium foam layers and 1,000+ active-pocket springs provide enhanced support for all sleepers
- TARGETED PRESSURE RELIEF: The perfect balance of support and comfort, this combination of foam and springs relieves pressure on hips, shoulders, and back
- COOLING TOP LAYER: Breathable, perforated foam top layer provides high airflow and ensures a cooler sleep
- MADE IN THE USA: Designed, assembled, and made in the USA with high-performance foams and advanced spring technology
- GOOD PRODUCTS, GOOD PURPOSE: We’re a certified B Corp and have donated nearly 40,000 mattresses (and counting!) to families in need; We care about our people, our communities, and the planet and reflect these values in our business practices
- 【Pocket Spring Mattress】 The Kescas queen mattress is an orthopedic design providing a nice and even balance support of the head, shoulder, waist, hip, and legs. You can get support in the right places with the help of individually wrapped pocket springs that work independently and closely follow your body.
- 【Optimal Softness & Support】 12 Inch Height hybrid combines the traditional support of an innerspring mattress with the plush comfort of memory foam for a medium feel. 2 foam layers for optimal softness and support. Provide cushioning and serve as protective buffer, relieve painful pressure points on the body. Those who suffer from back and neck pains often find relief after sleeping on such a top mattress.
- 【High Permeability & Stronger Edge Support】 Kescas mattress knitted fabric cover offers the softest touch and luxurious feel. Made of dual-layered soft knitted fabrics which are super breathable, it can help release and regulate sleeping climate. Airy mesh on the side promotes heat dissipation and independently encased coils beneath enhances airflow, which makes the sleeping cool and comfortable.
- 【Mattress In A Box】 Kescas 12 inch queen size mattress is shipped rolled, compressed, vacuum-sealed in an easy-to-handle box. Queen mattress dimensions: 80’’L x 60’’W x 12’’H. Shipping Dimensions: 64.1’’L x 12.6’’W x 12.6’’H. (NOTE: Please keep distance and enough room to the mattress when opening, as it may have a risk to smack people when expanding).
- 【Buy with Confidence】 Sleeping preferences vary from person to person, and it takes time to decide if a new mattress is right for you, so each Kescas mattress comes with a 100 hassle-free night trial. Besides, we'll responsible for all manufacturing defects: sagging, dips, waves, bumps, and decompression issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 12 hours.
- THE RIGHT COMBINATION - Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest. Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing ActivCharcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - 3 inches conforming memory foam, 2 inches soft, airflow enhancing comfort foam, and 7 inches durable, high density base support foam; ideal for side sleepers and petite to average weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- EXPERTLY PACKAGED - Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs
- KING HYBRID MATTRESS IN A BOX: All the comfort and trusted quality of an Ashley hybrid mattress, delivered right to your door and ready to use on your bed frame within 24 hours. Comfort level: Firm
- INNERSPRING & FOAM HYBRID: Get the best of both worlds with a unique combination of support from fabric-encased coils and the conforming comfort of both high-density and gel memory foam layers
- LAYERS OF COMFORT: A soft top layer of adaptive foam “hugs” you, while a layer of responsive coils “holds” you for foundational support. These mattresses also available in full or queen size
- KING SIZE: Measures 76" W x 80" D x 12" H and is compatible with most king bed frames
- READY FOR INSTANT ENJOYMENT: Arrives in a box. Simply unbox, cut the protective wrap, unroll and watch the mattress expand. Mattress is safe to sleep on immediately but can take 72+ hours for any risidual scent from packaging to dissipate and for mattress to completely expand based on ambient room temperature, humidity, air pressure & ventilation.
- Perfect Top layer supports bodyweight & maintains body Shape for Rest in the best condition
- 1. 5 inch I Gel disperses temperature accumulation to maintain a constant mattress temperature.
- 2. 5 inch convoluted layer structure provides better ventilation and disperses body pressure.
- 4. 5 inch 25 ILD had foam at the bottom prevents defection of memory foam.
- Best in class Poly jacquard cover keeps mattress fresh and clean.
Last update on 2022-03-25 at 15:06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API