- Health-Designed Sleep – Raise your head and feet to help open airways, alleviate congestion or indigestion, and relieve pressure on the lower back.
- Wireless Remote (Batteries Included) – Customize your sleeping position.
- USB Ports – Charge your electronic devices while you rest.
- Massage Motors – Relaxing massage features at the head and foot with 3 speed levels.
- LED Under-bed Light – Illuminate the surrounding floor at night.
Blissful Nights E4 review – I own and sleep on an adjustable bed myself and I LOVE it, so I’m always on the lookout for affordable adjustable bed options to share with my readers.
I’m pretty happy to have come across the Blissful Nights brand, with their range of affordable bases, including the hugely popular E4, which we’ll focus on in this article.
In this comprehensive Blissful Nights E4 review, I’ll take you through:
- Features (Including Pros and Cons)
- Comparison With Other Blissful Nights Adjustable Beds
- What Real Customers Think
- Questions People Ask
- Do I Think It’s A Good Buy For YOU?
Blissful Nights E4 Features
Given its budget friendly price point, I’m quite surprised at the features the e4 adjustable bed base includes. It can certainly compete against much more expensive options from other brands, and I really think you’d be getting great value for money with a Blissful Nights purchase.
- Materials: sturdy metal frame with grey and white upholstery. Wireless remotes
- Motors are made in Germany, rest of frame made in China
- Weight capacity of 750lb per base, this is on par with more expensive models from other brands (this weight includes mattress weight)
- Raises both head and feet. You can raise the head by up to 60 degrees and the feet by up to 35 degrees
- Mattress retainer bar at the bottom of the base stops your mattress slipping off the bed
- Dual massage motors (that means they’re at the head and the foot of the bed), with three speeds and timer up to 10 minutes
- 2 USB ports
- Under bed lighting
- 6 Adjustable legs – choose your height of 14.5″, 11.5″, or 8.5′ based on your personal preference and the height of the mattress you’re using with the base
- Anti snore preset which raises your head about 10 degrees, apparently returns to flat after 10 minutes
- You can buy your base as a bundle with a Blissful Nights mattress – I’d recommend pairing it with the 10 or 12 inch option because 14 inches is quite high for an adjustable frame and you won’t feel the massage features of the base as much with a thick mattress
- Connecting bracket to keep bases together is included with split king packages
- 10 year limited warranty (pretty standard for adjustable bases)
- Tool free assembly (I’ve put together my own adjustable bed and I’ve put together kitset beds and I can tell you I WAYYY prefer adjustable bed assembly! It’s about a million times quicker!)
Blissful Nights E4 Pros And Cons
- Sturdy Construction
- Adjustable Legs
- USB Ports
- No Sleep Trial (You'll Need To Buy Puffy If You Want A Trial)
- If You Want Wall Glide You'll Need To Pay More For The E6 Model Instead
You can see I’ve really struggled to come up with significant “cons” for this adjustable base. I really do believe it just offers you great function for a great price.
Blissful Nights Adjustable Bed Comparison
The main 3 to look at here are the e3, e4 and e6. The z4 is a specialized frame to go on top of storage beds so does not include a wall bracket, legs, night light, or USB ports.
The e4 which we are focusing on in this review is the mid-range model from Blissful Nights. You can see from the table that it has a massive range of features to compete with adjustable beds that could cost up to $1000 more from other brands. The only thing it’s lacking that the premium e6 has is the wall glide with Alexa voice command.
Given this is a highly functional adjustable bed at a great price, I don’t think this missing feature is any problem with the e4 at all, and I think it’s great value for money. The e3 is certainly the cheapest of the bunch but you miss out on massage, lights, and USB ports.
What Real Customers Think Of Their E4 Adjustable Bed
The Blissful Nights e4 adjustable bed is by far the most popular model of the range, and outsells the others by a significant amount. This means this bed frame has a ton of reviews I went through for you to bring you a summary of the good (and the bad) things people who have already bought this adjustable bed have to say about it.
I read through both the Blissful Nights website and Amazon reviews to give you the most comprehensive analysis possible from real people.
Most people buy this bed on Amazon, but on both the Blissful Nights site and on Amazon this bed has 5 star reviews from 84% of people at the time of writing.
The things people like about the e4 adjustable bed frame are:
- The simple, tool free set up
- The price compared to other brands
- The sturdiness of the frame and how easy the controls are to use
- The great support from Blissful Nights when needed
“I go to bed nightly with the massage to relieve my tired legs and use the zero gravity function a lot too.”
“Raising the head of the bed helps with my acid reflux and is also great for watching tv in bed.”
“It’s as good as a Tempurpedic frame but costs a fraction of the price.”
“The bed motors are quiet and quick, and the features work as advertised.”
I’m here to give you the full picture, not just tell you the positive to make you buy it. Here’s what the people who gave this bed one star reported:
- There were a few one star reviews for delayed shipping or torn packages
- Some people found the massage features feel weak with a mattress 12 inches or thicker (I agree, pretty much all adjustable bases with massage don’t work that well if the vibrations have to travel through a foot or more of mattress, my own one certainly doesn’t feel like much with my 14 inch mattress but I knew this prior to buying so it’s no biggie for me)
- Some found the base very heavy to assemble. Yep, these things are heavy. Make sure you’ve got at least two people around to do the job. If you’d like white glove service and someone to set your bed up for you, I highly recommend you buy a Saatva bed instead.
Blissful Nights Customer Service
I must say that when I was researching this article and reading through all the reviews and questions, I was impressed by how responsive Blissful Nights are. They’re highly visible on Amazon, helping their customers out wherever they can.
I think this is massively important with such a big item that has such a big impact on your life as your bed, seeing great customer service helps you buy with confidence.
Questions People Ask
Is It Worth It To Get An Adjustable Bed?
Yes. From personal experience and from hearing from other people who own them. They’re SO great for sitting in bed, lying in zero gravity, if you want to work in bed, watch tv, read, or even if you just want to raise your head a bit because you have a cold.
I don’t think I could go back to a regular bed frame now.
Can You Sleep On Your Side In Zero Gravity Position On An Adjustable Bed?
Yes you can, but try to keep your spine in a neutral position rather than curling yourself up reap the full benefits of the zero gravity position.
How Long Will An Adjustable Bed Last?
Most will come with at least a 10 year warranty. As long as you look after your base and abide by the weight limits and manufacturer instructions, you can expect your adjustable bed to last the full ten years.
What Kind Of Sheets Do You Use On A Split King Bed?
A split king bed is made up of two twin xl size bed bases, so if you’re using two twin xl mattresses, this is the sheet size you should use. If you’ve chosen to put one king size mattress on your split base, standard king sheets will fit fine.
Can Adjustable Bases Be Set Inside Of A Bed Frame?
Can You Synchronize The Remotes On A Split King Adjustable Base?
Yes, you can. Follow the instructions from your manufacturer to pair or unpair your bases.
Blissful Nights E4 Review Summary – Is It A Good Buy?
If you’ve got this far, you know I think this adjustable bed base is a good buy. It’s got all the features you’d expect to pay a lot of money for, all at a very reasonable price.
Factor in all the positive feedback the base has with the overwhelming amount of praise for Blissful Nights customer service, and it’s an easy yes to say this bed base is great.
Last update on 2024-03-03 at 02:47 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API