- Hybrid Design
- Layered Memory Foam Comfort Layer
- Pocket Coil Support Core
- Ice Yarn Cooling Cover
- Massive 1 YEAR SLEEP TRIAL
- 10 Year Warranty
- Prices From Just $500
OkiOki Mattress Review – With so many mattresses vying for our money, each brand goes out of its way to either target certain niche markets or introduce new features to make their mattress stand out. OkiOki as a brand is no different, so since you’re here reading about OkiOki let’s take a look at whether their innovations are any good or just a lot of hype.
Spoiler alert: the short answer is yes, OkiOki is a good mattress! From the Cooling Ice Yarn cover and the extra soft 2-inch comfort layer to the foam encasing spring pocket system, the OkiEasy mattress has your comfort front and center.
The deeper I dug into the construction of the OkiEasy hybrid mattress and the more I researched its performance, the more appreciative I got of the quality of design and the technology behind it all. In this OkiOki mattress review, I’ll cover the following topics.
- OkiOki Mattresses
- OkiEasy Mattress Overview.
- OkiEasy Mattress Features.
- What Customers Think About OkiEasy Mattress.
- Final Thoughts: OkiOki Mattress Review Verdict
OkiOki Mattresses: Overview
The OkiOki company makes 4 mattresses in all. Two of those mattresses are all foam while the other two are hybrid. Here’s the lowdown of all 4 mattresses to help you select the one best suited for your specific needs.
- OkiSoft: This is an all-foam mattress with memory foam as a comfort layer that gives the mattress a plush and soft feel. I recommend this mattress for side sleepers as it cradles the body and welcomes the shoulders and hip joints with motherly love. A queen-size mattress sells for $650.
- OkiFirm: As the name implies, this mattress gives you more support than the previous one. The 3-inch comfort layer is made of high-grade graphite foam with great body contouring and cooling features. This is followed by a 7-inch base layer made of high-density PU foam that gives the sleeper wonderful support. The queen-size mattress sells for $650.
- OkiFlex: A hybrid mattress that combines the comfort of memory foam and the durable support of pocketed coils. It’s ideal for back and stomach sleepers as it keeps the spine aligned and prevents mid-section sagging. The queen-size mattress sells for $750.
- OkiEasy: This is the most popular mattress of all four. It’s a hybrid 11-inch mattress with an overall 6 firmness score. That gives it a medium-firm feel, explaining its popularity: this is the mattress best suited to the most people. It’s an incredible budget option.This OkiOki mattress review focuses mainly on this mattress.
- Price: $750 a regular price for a queen-size mattress.
- Ships for free across the continental USA with risk-free returns.
- 365-night free sleep trial. This is extremely generous: you can try the mattress at home for a whole year! This is more than three times the now commonly accepted 100 nights for mattresses in boxes.
- 10-year warranty.
- Designed and built in California, USA from materials sourced globally.
- The Ice Yarn hypoallergenic cover is made from a refined and breathable fabric and comes with a zip to easily remove it and wash it. It regulates the heat and keeps the mattress cool for many hours which is great news for people who sleep hot.
- The 11-inch high mattress has the following comfort layers:
- Cushion Layer: the 2-inch memory foam layer weighs about 2.8 pounds and has a firmness score of 10 ILD which is extra soft and comfortable. The squishy layer gives the mattress that cloud-like floating feel.
- Transition Layer: A 2.5-inch layer made of high-density polyurethane foam. It weighs only 1.7 pounds but has a high firmness score of 25 ILD to balance the softness of the cushion layer above it and insulate the sleeper from the pocketed coil system below.
- Oeko-Tex certified for your peace of mind.
The OkiOki website offers a sleep quiz for all potential buyers. The quiz helps you find the right mattress that gives you the comfort and support you need. I took the quiz before buying and I found the OkiEasy to be the right mattress for me. This explains the high rating that customers gave all 4 mattresses.
Analysis Of The Materials Inside The OkiEasy Mattress
The cover of the OkiEasy much like all other 3 OkiOki mattresses, is made of ice yarn. The cooling and hypoallergenic fabric is extra soft, breathable, and comforting. It’s silky smooth and just as cool as silk as well. If you sleep hot, then you’ll enjoy the fresh feel of the cover every time you turn over. Moreover, the spot you just vacated in the bed will cool down fast so if you turn back a few minutes later, it will be like you haven’t slept there at all.
Another quality I like about the cover is the lack of toxic materials that go into making it. It’s a hypoallergenic fabric so people with allergies will not have a problem when their skin comes in contact with the mattress.
The comfort layer of the OkiEasy is actually made up of two layers. Both layers use different types of foam to create an exquisite balance between softness and support. The first layer is the cushion layer. A 2-inch memory foam layer with a cloud-like floating sensation. This layer is what gives the hybrid OkiEasy its plush feel. Side sleepers and so will people with back pain or aching joints would enjoy the pressure relief this layer offers. This layer scores 10 ILD on the firmness scale and weighs about 2.8 pounds.
The second layer is the transition layer. A 2.5-inch layer made of high-density polyurethane foam that scores 25 ILD on the firmness scale. It provides excellent support and body contouring to the sleeper and balances the extra softness of the cushion layer above it. The transition layer also protects the cushion layer from the pocketed coils in the support layer while insulating the coils from the shifting weight of the sleeper above at the same time.
The support layer of the OkiEasy is 5.5 inches high and contains pocketed coils encased in high-density polyurethane foam. Both the foam and the coils work together to provide amazing support and responsiveness that make the OkiEasy so popular.
The springs have a 2.3 mm coil gauge to give them more resistance and durability. They are encased in polyurethane foam which not only gives them more support power but also keeps each coil insulated from the motions and vibrations of the other coils currently bearing the weight of the sleeper.
This foam encasing is actually a really important touch: it’s an indicator of quality and durability as it protects the springs and is often only found in high priced hybrid mattresses.
Sensitive couples would appreciate the top-notch motion isolation of the mattress. Memory foam pretty much stops any motion transfer dead in its tracks, which is crucial if you share a bed with someone who tosses and turns or gets up a lot during the night.
Under the coil system, there’s a 1-inch base layer also made of high-density polyurethane foam. It protects the bottom of the mattress and gives it durability and longevity.
Since customer feedback and comments are vital for my reviews, that was the first place I went seeking insights from long-term users who had more experience with the OkiEasy mattress. I wasn’t disappointed. Customers of all ages, genders, and body shapes and weights offered valuable information about the performance of the mattress and how it fared against the wear and tear and rough tumble of everyday use. Here’s a summary of their feedback.
- Out of 536 reviews, the mattress scored 4.4 stars out of 5.
- About 84 percent of users rated the mattress 4 or 5 stars.
- Many users used many superlatives to compare the OkiEasy with other mattresses they have tried before. The comparison was always in favor of the hybrid OkiEasy.
- Couples were satisfied with the motion isolation of the mattress and the delicate balance between softness and support.
- Side sleepers also loved the comfort and pressure relief aspects of the mattress while also relishing the support of the coil system.
- There were also negative reviews. Those users probably didn’t take the sleep quiz. They either found the mattress either too firm or too soft to their liking.
“I absolutely LOVE my OKI Easy and the Oki pillows!! I haven’t slept this well in a long time. I was pretty skeptical at first as Oki is fairly priced but I am truly happy. I have even referred Oki to my Family and friends. Thank you OKI for creating an affordable and fabulous product!!”
OkiEasy Mattress Review Verdict
I’m pleasantly surprised by this mattress. To sum it up, the key points that make me feel like this is a great mattress are:
- The extremely affordable price point
- The ice yarn cover for extra cooling
- The layered memory foam comfort layers with a medium firm feel
- The massive year long sleep trial
- Exceeds quality expectations with foam encasing the support coils