Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Review – How Good Is It?
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Review – marketed as “the original best mattress ever”, find out what makes this top selling mattress from industry experts Brooklyn Bedding so popular. Priced from an accessible $599 and made from the usual high quality we expect from Brooklyn Bedding, perhaps it’s no surprise it’s such a hit. Read on to get all the details, including who it’s great for (and who should look elsewhere).
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Review I will cover:
- Brooklyn Bedding Overview
- Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress Features
- What Does It Feel Like To Lie On?
- What Are People Saying Who Love Theirs? (Reviews From Real People)
Brooklyn Bedding Overview
Brooklyn Bedding was founded in Phoenix, Arizona, by two brothers. They were actually mattress liquidators, but in 1995 they started pulling them apart to see if they could build something better. Fast forward to 2020 and you have Brooklyn Bedding: one of the leading mattress in a box brands in the USA.
Brooklyn Bedding make a range of six high-end mattresses in boxes, and a range of bedding. The Signature Mattress is marketed as “the original best mattress ever” and is far and away the most popular mattress in their range. They also own and make other mattresses you might be familiar with from your research such as Titan.
Known for having their very own manufacturing plant with high quality craftsmanship, Brooklyn Bedding also make mattresses for several other companies.
Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress Features
Here’s a detailed description of each of the five layers that make up the Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid Mattress.
- Cover: A poly-cotton blend that has been quilted with foam to give a soft touch through the very top of the mattress.
- 2 Inches of TitanFlex Foam: This is a proprietary Brooklyn Bedding foam that you’ll find in many of their mattresses. Designed to respond immediately to pressure, this is a foam that bounces back quickly. This means it gives pressure relief without that slow memory foam sinking feeling. The TitanFlex foam inside the Signature mattress has been infused with gel to help it stay cool through the night.
- 2 Inches of Energex Foam: Another highly responsive foam, this layer is best described as a transitional layer between the TitanFlex foams above and the pocket coil core below. Brooklyn Bedding get this foam from Elite Comfort Solutions, who designed it to be a highly adaptive, breathable and responsive foam for use in bedding.
- 6 Inches of Pocket Coils: Individually wrapped, durable, Ascension Coils. These coils are designed to move independently of each other, minimizing motion transfer and noise while providing excellent support.
- High Density Base Foam: This one inch layer of high density polyfoam is basically there as a layer for the coils to rest upon. You won’t feel them, but they will help extend the life of the coils. To me, putting a layer of foam under pocket coils is a sign of quality and that the mattress brand cares about the integrity of their product.
What Does It Feel Like To Lie On?
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid has been designed to deliver a good blend of comfort and support.
The medium is rated at around a 6 out of 10 on the mattress firmness scale, but I consistently see people reporting that it feels a little firmer than this, so I think you could safely say the medium is more of a “medium-firm”. This is a similar rating to another Brooklyn Bedding mattress, the cooling Aurora.
Keep in mind that there isn’t actually any memory foam inside this mattress: you’ve got Brooklyn Bedding’s proprietary TitanFlex and Energex foams instead. These foams are fast responders to pressure and weight, so while they’ll give good pressure relief, this is not a mattress that’s going to give you that memory foam “hug”.
You’re going to feel like you’re sleeping on top of this mattress rather than in it.
The combination of fast response foams and pocket coils make this a reasonably bouncy mattress. You’ll probably like the feel of this if you’re used to innerspring mattresses but are wanting to try out a new foam mattress. Despite its bounciness, the Brooklyn Signature Mattress performs pretty well at motion isolation (which can be a weak point for hybrid mattresses).
People who will love this mattress:
- Lighter people will enjoy the soft mattress best. If you weigh under 130lb, I recommend you choose soft to get adequate pressure relief.
- People over about 200lb will probably enjoy the firm mattress the best. This should give you the level of support you need.
- The medium mattress is the most popular choice, and the best choice for couples where one person likes a softer mattress and the other person likes a firmer one. The reviews are filled with couples in exactly this situation who are enjoying their medium feel Signature mattress.
- If you’re a back or stomach sleeper, this mattress is particularly well suited to you. The foams will do an excellent job of supporting your spine and hips as you sleep.
I wouldn’t recommend this mattress to:
- Strict side sleepers. If you spend most of the night on your side, you’re going to want something that offers a bit more of a deep conforming feel for your shoulder. I recommend you read about Nolah instead (Nolah has been designed pretty much with you in mind).
What Are People Saying Who Love Theirs? Reviews From Real People
The Brooklyn Bedding Signature Hybrid mattress has thousands of happy customers and positive reviews. I really like looking at the reviews on the Brooklyn Bedding website because you can see details such as the age, weight, and usual sleep position of the person leaving the review. Find reviews from people who sound similar to you, and you can get a better gauge on whether a mattress is a good fit for you.
From reading through the reviews, real customers agree with my analysis of how the mattress feels to lie on.
Here’s a selection of what happy customers have to say about their Signature hybrid:
“It’s got great support for my stomach and my back. I prefer a hard mattress, my wife likes a softer one. The medium is working well for us.”
“We think this mattress is springy and soft, but also firm. Amazing! We’re going to get another for our guest room.”
“This bed is much cooler than my last bed. Just the right amount of firmness, just enough cushion to sink in a tiny bit. I’ve been sleeping great.”
“Great comfort and support at the same time. It doesn’t sink in yet you feel your pressure points being relieved.”
“My last mattress was cheap, and when my Signature arrived I could feel and see the difference in quality.”