Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Mattress Review – When you’re looking for a bed-in-a-box that provides natural comfort and each layer of the mattress is thoughtfully engineered for rejuvenating sleep every night, the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid mattress is most likely the answer. I think it’s one of the best options out there for hot sleepers, as every layer of this mattress is breathable and temperature regulating, as you’ll soon see.
If I were to sum up this mattress for you, I’d say it puts a lot of emphasis on natural comfort while providing exceptional support for pressure point relief. The comfort is cultivated not just through the high-quality layers but also through the cover, which is made from a unique blend of Joma wool and organic cotton.
Oftentimes, mattresses would either sink in when you lie down on top of them or they push back. The first type gives you the feeling that you’re stuck in the mattress while the other type is too firm for your own comfort. The Brooklyn Bedding Bloom hybrid mattress achieves the right degree of buoyancy thanks to the premium Talalay Latex, which makes up the top comfort layers.
I’m sure you’d want a little more detail than that and some elaboration on what makes this mattress so unique. In this Brooklyn Bedding Bloom mattress review, we’ll cover the following highlights of this mattress:
- Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Overview
- Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Features – Opinion On Each Layer
- What Customers Think About Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Mattress
- Final Thoughts
Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Mattress Overview
Want a visual first? Here’s a short video of the mattress made by Brooklyn Bedding themselves:
- Price: $1999.00 for a queen-size 14-inch mattress, but Brooklyn Bedding often run great discounts.
- Both shipping and returns are free inside the United States.
- 120 night sleep risk-free trial with no obligations.
- 10-year warranty.
- The cover is a hybrid of Joma Wool and organic cotton. Besides being breathable, it also wicks moisture to keep your body dry even when you sweat while sleeping. Wool is a really nice touch here, and is often saved for the most premium mattresses.
- The two models of the mattress have different foam layers that can be summed up as follows:
- Premium Talalay Latex: This is the top layer, and it delivers comfort and buoyancy while supporting temperature regulation to keep you comfortable throughout the night.
- High-Density Base Foam: This layer right at the very base of the mattress gives the mattress durability while supporting the individually encased coils above it to make the mattress more stable.
The Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid Mattress comes in two varieties. Each one has different specifics and comfort levels that suit different people. The first is the 11” mattress. It has a 1.5” thick Talalay Latex top foam layer that sits on top of a transitional layer. The support layer consists of 961 individually encased Ascension X coils and is 6” thick. It offers more support and is suitable for medium-firm sleep and back sleepers. This variety suits people of average weight along with those who put support in a mattress over comfort.
The second variety is the 14” mattress. It comes with a 3” thick top layer for comfort and an 8” thick support layer that contains 1,032 individually encased Ascension X coils (the 14″ model doesn’t have any transition layer, it doesn’t need it with that beautiful thick latex). This mattress provides maximum pressure point relief and decreases motion transfers. It’s ideal for side and stomach sleepers. Couples would find this mattress more to their liking because of the extra buoyancy and the less likelihood that either sleeper would disturb the other when they shift their position.
Analysis Of The Materials Inside The Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Mattress
The hybrid cover gives the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom its unique look and feel. It’s sustainably sourced from two types of fabric that blend together to give it exceptional softness and breathability. Both Joma Wool and organic cotton are natural fabrics that absorb moisture and keep your skin dry throughout the long hours of sleep. Furthermore, Joma wool claims to be the best wool to use in mattresses! The 2” cover in the 14 inch mattress and the 1.5” cover in the 11” mattress will feel natural against the skin and repel unpleasant odors. Other benefits of Joma Wool include:
- It insulates the body of the sleeper and keeps it cool even on warm nights.
- The wool has natural pores and proteins that absorb moisture better than other fabrics.
- Joma Wool has a high keratin content, making it more fire-resistant.
- It’s a non-allergenic material that feels soft and comfortable.
One thing that the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid mattress prides itself on is its comfort and buoyancy, which can only be achieved with latex (the most durable and high quality mattress foam around)
- Top Comfort Layer: In a 14” mattress, this layer is 3-inch thick and made from premium Talalay foam. Made from natural Talalay rubber and certified Oeko-Tex class 1 safe, this material is known for its buoyancy and ability to relieve tension and relax the aching muscles much faster. The 11” mattress will have a 1.5-inch layer of the same material.
- Transition Layer: This layer is only available in the 11” mattress option. The one-inch layer of premium foam provides deep compression support. It also insulates the top comfort layer from the coils in the support layer.
Both the support and base layers in the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid mattress vary depending on the type of mattress you choose. But although the materials of those two layers are the same, each type has a different thickness.
- Coils: The mattress sports individually encased Ascension X coils that give the mattress the right support without making it too firm. The 14” type has 1,032 coils and the support layer is 8 inches thick for extra support. The 11” type contains 961 coils and is 6 inches thick. Either way, the mattress has great motion isolation for when more than one person shares the bed. The coils make the mattress extra responsive to body weight shifts.
- High-Density Base Foam: This layer sits at the bottom of the mattress and isolates and reinforces the coils above. It gives the mattress its durability and keeps it stable as you shift your weight around.
Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Mattress Reviews From Real Customers
As usual, customer experience and feedback are an important part of a comprehensive mattress review with in-depth coverage like this one. This is why we always make sure to incorporate real customers’ comments and personal experiences with the mattress in every review. We checked what people said about the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid Mattress and this is what we learned.
- Overall, the mattress had 255 reviews and scored 4.8 out of 5 stars.
- About 97 percent of those who left a review gave the mattress either 4 or 5 stars.
- The lowest rating the mattress got was 3 out of 5 stars. Nobody gave the mattress either one or two stars. This is a testament to the overall quality and user satisfaction.
- Although most of the reviews were glowing and full of praise, some users were not fully satisfied and those comments were easy to find.
- Most happy customers were satisfied with how the mattress was easy to install out of the box.
- People also liked how the mattress didn’t require adjustment time, as other new mattresses often do.
- Some users raved about having the best sleep in their entire life only after buying the Bloom mattress.
- Whether young or old, customer comments expressed overall satisfaction with the quality of the materials, the level of comfort, and the degree of support the mattress offered.
- Still, there were also customers who were not really happy with their experience with the mattress. We sum up their comments below.
- Some users found the mattress to be too soft. These were not overly overweight users either, and the type they purchased was the 11” firm mattress.
- Others still getting used to their new mattress reported fewer levels of comfort than they had expected.
“The mattress is well made, plush, and supportive. My spouse really likes the medium firmness. I would have chosen a slightly firmer mattress, but overall we are very pleased. No off-gassing and appears to be made of high-quality materials. Would recommend it!”
Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Mattress Review Verdict
After doing this thorough research on the the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid mattress for your, one thing becomes clear. This is a mattress that combines thoughtful engineering with natural high-quality materials to create a uniquely comfortable sleep experience.
It’s pretty hard to think of a better mattress combination than organic cotton, wool fire barrier, latex comfort layer and pocket coil support system. That’s pretty much my ideal mattress actually.
For all of these compelling reasons and more, I heartily recommend the Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid mattress to all those who relish natural comfort in their sleep.
- Natural And Cooling Materials
- Two Height Options Available
- High Customer Satisfaction Ratings
- Latex Layer Is Thin In The 11 Inch Model
- 14 Inch Model Is A Pricier Option Than Other Mattress In A Box Choices (But The Materials And Quality Are Worth It)