Vibe Mattress Review
If you’re cruising Amazon looking for a mattress, the best seller list can be quite bewildering. There are so many to choose from, and they can all seem quite similar to each other. In this Vibe Mattress review, I’ll take you through how this extremely popular mattress is a little different to the others, whether it’s worth your money, and who it’s suitable for.
- Vibe Mattress Overview
- Vibe Mattress Features
- What Does A Vibe Mattress Mattress Feel Like To Lie On?
- Which Vibe Is Right For You?
- Are There Any Problems With Vibe?
- What Are People Saying Who Love Their Vibe Mattress? Reviews From Real People
- Final Opinion
Vibe Mattress Overview
Vibe is a mattress line made by Classic Brands. Classic Brands have been in business of making mattresses for more than 40 years, starting with Water Beds in the 1970’s. Always innovating and keeping up with trends, Classic Brands currently produce a range of best selling foam and hybrid mattresses through their online stores. Vibe isn’t their only entry in the Amazon best selling mattress category (read about another one here).
Vibe offers two 12 inch high mattresses in their Amazon listing:
- A hybrid model that has a memory foam comfort layer and a pocket coil support core
- An all foam model that has a memory foam comfort layer and a dense foam core
I will take a detailed look at both of the mattresses to help you choose between the two. At the time of writing, they were a similar price on Amazon so cost is not a major feature in the differences between them. Vibe is a budget friendly mattress, falling into the under $500 category.
Both mattresses have a medium-plush feel, which gives them a softer feel than some of their competition. I’ll discuss whether this is a good thing or a bad thing later in the article.
Vibe Mattress Features
Before we take a look at the individual Vibe mattresses, here are the common elements they share:
Now let’s take a look at the construction of each mattress. In the next section I’ll discuss the differences in how the construction could impact how the mattress feels.
1. Vibe Quilted Hybrid Pillow Top Mattress
- 12 Inch total height
- Quilted European pillow top
- Comfort layer: Three progressive layers of memory foam and poly foam, designed to provide pressure relief, cooling from the gel infusion, and transition support through to the support core
- Support core: Pocket coils (individually wrapped springs)
I think this is a great quality mattress for the money. When I zoom in on real customer pictures of that quilted pillow top, it looks well made and luxe. The amount of memory foam included here is generous for the price, especially considering it has gel infused into it to help draw away body heat as you sleep. Individually wrapped coils make for a much more comfortable support base than a traditional innerspring.
2. Vibe Memory Foam Mattress
- 12 Inch total height
- Two gel infused foam layers: the top one is gel infused memory foam to provide pressure relief and contouring and the second is a gel infused poly “comfort” foam, which acts as a transition layer for for the support core and provides additional pressure relief. The total height of these layers is 5 inches.
- Support core: 7 inches of density base foam
Again, this is another good quality mattress for the money. Similarly priced all foam models from other brands typically only contain 2-3 inches of comfort foam in their top layers, so the Vibe mattress is much more generous here. The convolutions you in the high density base foam will allow air to better circulate through the mattress than others, which is a plus for foam mattresses. This is a cleverly designed and generous mattress for your money.
What Does A Vibe Mattress Feel Like To Lie On?
As mentioned above, both of these mattresses have memory foam in them, and a medium plush feel. This makes for great contouring of your pressure points, and gives a little of that “sink” feel that memory foam is known for (but not so much that you’d feel “stuck” in the mattress). You can get an idea of how soft the mattress is from the image below, where I have pointed out how it is reacting to pressure points, you can see that the person is sinking in a little bit, but it just looks really comfy and cozy. This is the memory foam model pictured.
Which Vibe Is Right For You?
If you like the feel of a softer, plush mattress then either Vibe model is going to feel great for you. This softness while still being supportive means that Vibe mattresses will also work well for lighter people (under 130lb) who need a softer mattress to feel any pressure relief, and side sleepers who need deeper cushioning for their shoulders.
However, I do feel that each model lends itself to certain situations.
Choose the hybrid if:
- You want to make sure you’re sleeping cool – air will circulate better through the pocket coil base than a foam base.
- You need a bed with good edge support – the wrap around the pocket coils on hybrid mattresses usually equates to stronger edges than on all foam mattresses.
- You want to try something new without veering too far from traditional mattress designs – the memory foam comfort layer will allow you to try out memory foam, but the quilted pillow top and springs will be familiar to you.
Choose the memory foam if:
- You want to choose the most popular of the two – this model is by far the most popular of the two.
- You want the best motion isolation – all foam mattresses generally do a slightly better job here.
- You want an all foam mattress.
Choose a different brand all together if:
Since both of the Vibe Mattress Models are softer, there are some people who they will not work well for. In particular, I’d suggest you choose another mattress if you are:
- Over 230lb. This mattress will probably leave you feeling like you’re sinking straight through the comfort layers and onto the core of the mattress. This will leave you feeling like the mattress is too firm, because the soft layers can’t support you in the way that you need. I recommend you read this post instead, it has some great recommendations just for you.
- A stomach sleeper. Again, a soft bed is usually pretty uncomfortable for a stomach sleeper. You need a firmer mattress to make sure your pelvis and spine are kept aligned as you sleep. Read more about recommendations for stomach sleepers here.
Are There Any Problems With Vibe?
When I look at negative comments, I make sure I’m analyzing verified purchases and comments that pop up over and over. When I read through the comments from people who did not like their Vibe mattress, there were two main reasons.
- The mattress felt firmer than they were expecting. This is a tricky one, as everyone experiences a mattress differently. However, there were definitely more people saying it was too firm than there were saying it was too soft. Why could this be? I think there are a couple of reasons.
- The mattress is advertised as “medium-plush”, so people might have expected they were getting a squishy marshmallow, when in fact I think this mattress is just slightly softer than similar offerings from other brands.
- There was no mention of the customer weight or sleep style (were they a stomach sleeper?). A softer mattress can actually end up feeling too hard for these two groups of people because they tend to sink right through the comfort layers.
2. The mattress did not decompress to its full 12 inch height. This is common to all mattresses in a box that are made in China and then sold on Amazon. Why? Because they sit around in their boxes for a long time. The longer a mattress sits compressed in its box, the higher the chances it will have an issue reaching its full height. Luckily, most will reach their full height in a couple of weeks but I need to make you aware of this. How do you solve the problem? Spend more money on something that is made in the USA and/or made to order such as this memory foam mattress or this hybrid mattress.
Classic Brands are really responsive to customer concerns and queries (both on Amazon and when I’ve emailed them directly myself) so if you’re wanting to try out their Vibe mattress but are feeling a little bit put off, rest assured knowing you’re working with a well established and communicative company who will go above and beyond just their obligations on Amazon.
What Are People Saying Who Love Their Vibe Mattress?
“I’ve been sleeping on this mattress daily for five months, and it’s absolutely worth it! “
“I would say the quality of this mattress compares to, or exceeds, the quality of mattresses from some of the big name retailers.”
“I find this bed soft yet very supportive.”
“My previous mattress was giving me back pain. The pain has completely gone away since I got this one.”
“We never in our wildest dreams thought we could get such a comfortable mattress at this price.”
My Final Opinion
I think the two Vibe mattresses represent great value for money.
If your budget is under $500 and you are looking for a slightly softer mattress with generous amounts of memory foam and, Vibe is right for you.