Puffy Lux Canada – Review And Comparison With The Original Puffy Mattress
Puffy Lux Canada – get all the information you need about Puffy’s best selling mattress: the Puffy Lux. In a nutshell, it’s a pretty good buy with its lifetime warranty, premium comfort and made in Canada credentials. But is it worth the jump up in price compared to the standard Puffy, or should you buy a different brand all together? I’ll help you answer these questions or more in this Puffy Lux Canada explainer.
I’ll take you through:
- Puffy Lux Mattress Features (Including Pricing + Current Discounts)
- Pros And Cons
- Puffy Lux Vs Puffy Original (Which One Is Better?)
- Final Opinion
Puffy Lux Mattress Features
Let’s go through each layer of the mattress, and I’ll give you my opinion along the way. Puffy describes the Lux mattress as having 6 layers: they’re talking about the top cover, the 4 internal layers and the base cover.
The Puffy Lux is made in Canada, and comes with a 101 night in-home sleep trial + lifetime warranty. It stands 12 inches tall, which is 2 inches taller than most memory foam mattress in a box options (which are often 10 inches tall).
- Top Cover: Stain resistant hypoallergenic knit featuring Puffy’s signature cloud pattern. Made from Oeko-Tex certified fabric, it also easily unzips for simple washing. (This fabrication is pretty standard, but the cover of the Puffy mattress is one of the nicer ones I’ve seen. Also, having a mattress cover that you can remove to wash is not actually as common as you might think, so it’s a nice feature from Puffy that can help you extend the life of your mattress)
- Foam Layer 1: “Cooling Cloud Foam”: this layer is there to provide that soft feeling you want through the top of a mattress. It’s highly ventilated to prevent trapping heat.
- Foam Layer 2: “Plush Dual Cloud Foam” exclusive to the Puffy Lux, you won’t find this foam in the standard Puffy mattress. This layer is designed to work with the cooling foam above to provide targeted pressure relief under that first soft layer.
- Foam Layer 3: “Climate Comfort Foam”: this is a firmer foam, and as well as adding to the support the comfort layers give you, it also acts as a transition foam through to the base foam below it.
- Foam Layer 4: Firm support foam. The purpose of this layer is to provide a strong foundation to allow the comfort foams to do the job of contouring your pressure points and keeping you comfortable. You won’t feel this layer, but it works to help keep your spine in line while the comfort layers do their work while you sleep. (This is pretty standard, this is excactly what I expect to see in a good quality memory foam mattress)
- Base Cover: This is made with a grippy material to help your mattress stay put on whatever base you’re using. Again, this is a nice touch from Puffy and not something you’ll find on all mattresses at this price point.
Puffy Canada run regular discounts: currently you get $300 off your Puffy Lux Mattress.
Pros And Cons
- Made In Canada
- Lifetime Warranty
- Exclusive Foams That Work Hard To Contour And Cool
- Cover Is Stain Resistant, Hypoallergenic, And Washable
- Costs Quite A Lot More Than The Puffy Original
- Hybrid Option With Coil Support Core Not Available In Canada
Puffy Lux Vs Puffy Original Canada
- The Puffy Original costs $1049 – $1749, while the Puffy Lux costs $1849 – $2549 (before any discounts are applied)
- Here’s what you’re getting extra when you buy Puffy Lux:
- A more plush feel with deeper contouring
- 2 Extra inches of foam
- Exclusive Dual Cloud foam layer, which enhances the breathability of the mattress and helps provide more targeted pressure support
- A more luxe weave cover
Is it worth the extra money? I think so. I say this because I think having that extra comfort foam layer and the nicer cover are both going to extend the life of your mattress, and make it that much nicer to lie on. If you lie on your side at all, the Puffy Lux is going to do a nicer job of supporting your shoulder and providing that deeper pressure relief so the Puffy Lux Canada is my pick of the two models available.
It’s important to note here that the Puffy Lux is on the softer side of medium so if you’re a strict stomach sleeper you may find it’s just not quite firm enough for your needs and you’ll want to check out some other great Canadian options.
I like a mattress with a softer feel and enough contouring for my shoulder, so that biases me towards saying that this is a great mattress. To me, it blends the perfect amount of support with the perfect amount of plush, and I really like how each layer has been designed to work carefully together.
As well as the internal foams being high performing, the cover is also packed with great features which overall makes the Puffy Lux Canada a very solid choice for your next mattress. Go ahead and enjoy!