Best Cooling Mattress Topper – This Is Not A Top 10, Just The Best ONE
Best Cooling Mattress Topper: I was going to write this post as a top 10 for you. But I decided I’ve had enough! Those posts give you great options, but how do you choose the very best of the best? There is one mattress topper that I truly feel is the best cooling mattress topper. So I’ve decided to just tell you straight out. It’s not just the materials that make this the best cooling topper, read on to find out more.
This Is The Best Cooling Mattress Topper
What Makes This Topper So Great At Cooling?
Every single layer of this cooling topper works hard through the night to keep you cool and dry. Made of three organic layers of the highest quality materials, here’s a breakdown of exactly what you get:
- The organic cotton cover is soft to touch, but more importantly for you it is breathable and moisture wicking. The cotton used for the cover of the Avocado Green Mattress Topper meets the highest Global Organic Textile Standard certification, so you know it’s the best organic cotton your money could buy.
- The organic wool layer directly under the cover wicks away moisture (so it works beautifully with the organic cotton cover above)and allows air to circulate naturally. It’s no coincidence that wool is found in the most high end bedding accessories and technical sports clothes. It helps regulate your body temperature in a way many other textiles (natural or not) just can’t compete with.
- The core of the topper is the real star of the show: two inches of the highest quality organic latex. Latex is not only the most breathable and temperature neutralizing material you could use in a topper or mattress, it’s also the most durable. Latex foam is highly responsive to body weight, offering an excellent blend of pressure relief and comfort. You might find other latex toppers for cheaper, but they won’t be organic, and they won’t have a cover.
The organic cotton, the organic wool, and the organic latex work together to give you a topper that not only gives you that soft touch and extra support you want from a topper, they are also a powerful combination of THREE of the best natural cooling materials on the market.
But That’s Not Everything. Here’s What Else Is So Great About This Topper:
- You choose your firmness level: firm or soft. Many mattress toppers only offer you one firmness level, and it’s usually soft. This is great if you’re one of the majority of people looking for a soft topper, but hey it’s nice to have choices.
- It comes with a one year sleep trial. This is a really big deal. Not only is this the longest trial of any mattress topper I’ve ever seen, it also offers you a critical advantage. It means that no matter what time of year you buy it, you’ll get a chance to test it out in hot weather. You’ll want to see if your mattress topper can really do a good job in the height of summer. If you buy a cooling mattress topper with a shorter sleep trial in the middle of winter, you’ll miss out on this opportunity.
- It’s hand made in California. Buy this one and you’re supporting local jobs and industry.
- It’s eco-friendly. It’s not enough for Avocado to use organic and sustainably sourced materials. They also have a strong commitment to zero carbon manufacturing and donate a share of their profits to 1% For The Planet.
- Want a vegan option? No problem. This topper is also available with quilted organic cotton instead of wool if you prefer.
Don’t Want Latex? Okay, Here’s The Best Alternative
Here’s a “Memory Foam” option:
I think Molecule make some of the most advanced memory foam mattress toppers. They’ve combined a proprietary air cell foam (for massively improved air circulation over traditional memory foams) with an advanced cooling cover. The Avocado topper wins for its natural materials and
Here’s a mattress pad instead of a topper:
The Helix Ultra Cool Mattress Pad is my pick of the cooling mattress pads because it’s been embedded with technology that actually feels cold to touch. Featuring phase change molecules that you can actually see working too cool you down, the Helix Ultra Cool Pad is a cheaper option than either of the two toppers above, but will work just as hard to keep you cool.
Cooling Mattress Toppers: FAQ
Mattress Topper Or Mattress Pad?
It depends what you need. Here’s a quick overview:
- Want to just add a touch of softness through the top of your mattress: buy a pad
- Want to add an extra layer of support, cushioning, or deeper softness: buy a topper
- Want something that fits to your bed like a fitted sheet: usually a pad (the Helix Cooling Pad above does this)
- Want something cooling: choose either, the level of support will be a bigger factor in which one is right for you
Want to read more about mattress toppers vs mattress pads? Click here.
Do Cooling Mattress Toppers Really Work?
Yep. They sure do. If you make sure you choose one that is made from high quality materials designed for cooling then they do a great job.
Are Cooling Mattress Pads Worth It?
Does your hot mattress bother you every night? Do you wake up in a sweat?
The quality of your sleep has a big impact on your health. You can’t put a price on your health, but you can buy a cooling mattress topper or pad for a lot less than replacing your whole mattress.
Since you know that a cooling mattress pad or topper can work very well to cool your bed down, I think the answer here is a big, obvious, yes.