How many mattresses have you found that are actually designed by a Chiropractor? And how many memory foam mattresses are actually made in the USA and have such good customer service that even those who don’t end up keeping their mattress feel compelled to leave a positive comment? I’m here to tell you: Snuggle Pedic is the only one. In this Snuggle Pedic mattress review I’ll give you a good tour of the mattress and my personal opinion of it. (Although it’s probably pretty clear already that I really like this one)
- Pros and cons
- Technical information
- Who is it best suited to?
- My conclusion and recommendation (video)
Snuggle Pedic Mattress Overview
Snuggle Pedic is a range of bedding (mattresses, toppers, pillows, bedding) manufactured and sold by Relief Mart, a company that specializes pain relief products.
They are relatively new to the mattress market, debuting their mattress in 2015. The Snuggle Pedic mattress has been developed by Dr. Rick Swartzburg, a chiropractor who previously consulted for many mattress companies. In fact, if you ask a question about this mattress on Amazon, you are likely to get a reply from Dr. Rick himself.
Snuggle Pedic sets itself apart from many of its competitors in a number of ways:
- all products and their components are made in the United States at their factory in Southern California
- generous mattress warranty (20 years) and long trial (120 nights)
- specialized cooling technology (read more about this in the technical info)
- amazing customer service (it’s so good that even people leaving negative reviews of this mattress on Amazon make a point to say how good the customer service is. I feel like that is really saying something). This customer service includes free adjustments to the mattress to personalize the feel to you and what helps you sleep best.
Pros and Cons
I struggled a bit to come up with cons for this one. They are important for a balanced review, but in this case I honestly feel they are very minor. The biggest drawback would be deciding you want to buy the mattress, only to find it is not in stock! If this happens do not despair, Snuggle Pedic are making more all the time and regularly update the supply. In fact, as I was researching this article, I watched the king size have 3 available on Amazon, sell out, then be fully stocked in a matter of 2-3 days so you will not wait long.
This mattress is more expensive than the top sellers on Amazon but is still a fraction of the price of some better known brands. Keep in mind this mattress is made in the United States from the absolute best materials and it has a warranty that is at least twice as long as most of its competitors. I think it is amazing quality and value for your money.
To make the most of the amazing cooling technology it’s recommended you purchase the accompanying mattress protector which is a breathable organic cotton. However, you would need to put a protector on the mattress anyway so it’s not that big of a deal to get this one in my opinion. Any breathable cover would do the job though; just bear in mind that if the cover is not breathable the cooling technology in the mattress can’t work and you might sleep hot.
What exactly is the mattress made from?
The Snuggle Pedic has two internal foam layers. These are made from a combination of Biogreen and CertiPUR-US certified foam. The top layer is Snuggle-Flex memory foam and is the softer, cushioning layer. The bottom layer is made of firmer foam to act as your support.
The mattress is 10 inches thick for all sizes, but Snuggle Pedic can custom make you an 8 or 6 inch mattress if that is what you prefer.
The fire barrier required under federal law is a sustainably made glass filament fire socking that covers the foam for natural protection instead of chemicals.
The outer cover is removable (it needs to be to allow for the much talked up customizations) and made with 43% viscose of bamboo, 56.4% polyester and 0.6% lycra.
All Snuggle Pedic mattresses are 10 inches but it is possible to custom order for 8 or 6 inches if you prefer.
Snuggle Pedic have come up with a pretty awesome solution to the common problem of memory foam mattresses trapping heat. They have devised and patented a duo airflow system in their two foam layers to allow heat to escape efficiently. The comfort layer of foam has holes for ventilation, while the firm support layer has convolutions or channels to allow air flow. Most other memory foam mattresses only use one or the other as their temperature control solution. According to Snuggle Pedic’s own research, this makes their mattress 100 times more breathable.
The warranty on your Snuggle Pedic mattress is 20 years and works like this:
- Problem with the mattress within first year: Snuggle Pedic cover cost of everything.
- Problem in years 2-10: Snuggle Pedic cover cost of everything except shipping the mattress back to the factory if this is required. Shipping back to you is paid for by Snuggle Pedic.
- Problem years 11-20: Snuggle Pedic cover the cost of everything minus 5% per year starting from year 11. So if you have a problem in year 11, you will pay 5% of the cost to fix. If you have a problem in year 13, you will pay 15%. Shipping back to you is paid for by Snuggle Pedic.
This is one of the most generous warranties you will find out there in mattress land, considering most offer a 10 year warranty. According to most sleep experts, a mattress can provide a comfortable sleep for a maximum of 10 years so Snuggle Pedic is really pushing the boat out here offering you 20 years.
Who Is This Mattress Best Suited To?
This mattress will work for pretty much everyone. However, it is reported to be a firmer feeling mattress so if you’re in the market for a firmer bed this would work well for you. And if it doesn’t work or is too firm? You can get it customized as I’ve mentioned a few times. I’ve explained more about this in the FAQ below.
This mattress is perfect for you if you are worried about being hot when you sleep: as explained above it has the best cooling technology you’re likely to find in a memory foam mattress right now with its dual air flow system built into the two foam layers.
Are you or your partner concerned about the 250lb per person weight limit stipulated by many mattress companies? Snuggle Pedic mattresses can accommodate a person weighing up to 500lb or 1000lb in total. They have stated they can customize for heavier weights too, if required.
- A technical question: What is the density of the foam layers?
- The memory foam comfort layer is a 3lb density and the support layer is a 1.8lb density.
- As a smaller company, I noticed several questions asking Snuggle Pedic to explain how their mattress differs to some of their bigger name competitors.
- I think I have already explained this, but I’ll go over it again. They make their mattresses in the USA. They provide “above and beyond” customer service including mattress customization, long warranties and a generous trial period. They have patented breathable technology for better air circulation around your mattress.
- Question how are customizations done? Snuggle Pedic will discuss individualized options with you when you phone them. The customer care number within the United States is 1(800)667-1969 or hop onto their website. Modifications offered to previous customers at no charge include:
- Mattress too firm: Snuggle Pedic provided a 1 inch memory foam pad with a mattress pad to hold it in place.
- Mattress too soft: Snuggle Pedic provided an extra insert to go inside the mattress cover.
- Mattress still feels hot despite using appropriate bedding: Snuggle Pedic made the memory foam more buoyant and less contouring.
- Can I use the mattress protector I purchased as a sheet?
- You will need to have sheets to go on top of the mattress protector.
How To Use
Several of the issues that caused people to leave negative reviews can be avoided if you take the following steps:
- This mattress only needs one hour from unboxing to expand to full size under stable conditions. Please note, however, that if your mattress is shipped in cold conditions (for example if you order it in winter) the time period may increase up to 24 hours as cold makes memory foam firm up.
- Use with appropriate bedding such as breathable organic cotton or bamboo so air can circulate and you experience the full benefits of the airflow system. Use standard size sheets as previous customers have found deep pocketed ones could be too big.
- Expect a settling in period. It always takes a little while for your body to adjust to a new mattress, and this is a firm memory foam. Several negative reviews said they didn’t like how the mattress felt but they had only given it a few days. If after a breaking in period you still don’t like how it feels, get in touch with Snuggle Pedic to arrange your complimentary customization.
- Make sure you are putting the mattress on a stable surface. Some issues people have had with their mattress is not to do with the mattress, but with placing it on top of a structurally unsound box spring. If you use a box spring or platform foundation that has an even and firm support the mattress can work properly and last the full 20 years. People who complained that the mattress sagged early or was uneven, often had it on an unstable box spring. If you are using a slat base for your Snuggle Pedic mattress, make sure they are not more than 4 inches apart and that they do not bow when you sit on them.
- You do not need to flip your mattress but Snuggle Pedic recommend rotating it every 6 months to allow for even wear.
What are people who love this mattress doing differently to others?
- They are contacting Snuggle Pedic immediately if there is an issue. It seems some people do not realize Snuggle Pedic will work very closely with you to provide a great solution to any issues you have with their mattress by customizing it to you. Their customer service is second to none.
- Using the mattress with breathable sheets and protector on top of the mattress. This allows the cooling technology inside the mattress to do it’s job.
- Allowing a couple of weeks at minimum to get a good feel of how the mattress works for them (with a 120 night trial period you are in no rush with Snuggle Pedic).
My Conclusion and Recommendation
Gosh I feel like I’ve gushed on a bit in this review. I honestly didn’t mean to! It’s just that there are so many good things to say about this mattress and actually not much bad. I highly recommend buying this one. I think it’s one of the best mattresses around for the price.
Other Memory Foam Top Sellers
- Perfect Top layer supports bodyweight & maintains body Shape for Rest in the best condition
- 1 inch 8 ILD soft memory foam supports body with soft power
- 1 Inch 25 ILD HD foam prevents defection of memory foam
- 1 inch I Gel disperses temperature accumulation to maintain a constant mattress temperature.
- Our patented technology allows Our mattresses to be efficiently compressed, rolled and shipped in a box conveniently to your doorPlease Allow the mattress 72 hours to expand for the best results
- Composed of 5 layers includes pocket spring
- High density foam reduces heat and 1 inch Duraflex foam provides elasticity support
- Our patented Dura pocket spring provides long-lasting support
- Dura cool I-gel helps you have a deep and comfortable sleep with no temperature sensitive
- This mattress is designed to satisfy the need for contoured support of your vertebrae while you sleep.Please Allow the mattress 72 hours to expand for the best results
- THE RIGHT COMBINATION - Our special recipe for rejuvenating rest. Refreshing green tea and moisture-absorbing Activ charcoal infused into pressure-relieving memory foam that cradles your shape so you awake free of aches and pains and fresh as a daisy
- PRESSURE - RELIEVING FOAMS - 1 inches conforming memory foam and 5 total inches durable, high density base support foam; Ideal for back sleepers and average-weight sleepers
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- EXPERTLY PACKAGED - Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; Simply unbox, unroll and this mattress does the rest, expanding to its original shape within 72 hours
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; Twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 pounds, while all other sizes can support up to 500 pounds
- INSPIRED BY NATURE - Wholesome and natural ingredients, like green tea and moisture-absorbing charcoal work wonders in a mattress, and we’ve designed this one to control odors, maintain freshness, and envelop your shape so you awake restored and refreshed
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING FOAMS - Layers of conforming green tea memory foam, soft Z:Comfort foam and high-density Z:Base foam hug your shape to soothe you to sleep
- CERTIPUR US CERTIFIED - Highest quality foam is CertiPUR US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- EXPERTLY PACKAGED - Our technology allows this mattress to be efficiently compressed into one box that’s easily shipped and maneuvered into the bedroom; please open your mattress box within 72 hours of receipt and let this mattress decompress
- Worry-free 10 year limited warranty included; twin mattress supports a maximum weight of 250 lbs, while all other sizes can support up to 500 lbs
- Your purchase includes One Olee Sleep Aquarius 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress in Blue, King Size
- Mattress dimensions – 80" W x 76" L x 10"H | Feel – Medium-Firm
- Fits all frames – Steel, wood or platform bed frames, box springs and floor | 93% polyester / 7% spandex
- Unique Gel-infused Foam Layer – to regulate temperature | High Density Base Layer – For a longer-lasting and durable mattress
- Any new product will expand within minutes and can have a mild scent upon unboxing that will dissipate in a few hours in a well-ventilated room | Remove packaging within 72 hours, and allow an extra 48-72 hours for proper decompression
Last update on 2022-03-25 at 15:06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API