If you find your sports clothes so comfy that you just want to live in them, I’ve got an exciting item to tell you about: the Sheex Performance Sheet Set. Designed to feel just like your favorite and most comfortable technical sports clothing, Sheex work hard to keep you feeling cool throughout the night.
However, Sheex seems to be one of those items that people either absolutely love and don’t buy anything else, or absolutely loathe. There isn’t really anyone who finds them just okay. Find out in this in-depth review why they are so polarizing and learn if they are the right choice for you.
- MOISTURE-WICKING BREATHABLE STRUCTURE: The Sheex Original Performance Sheet Set & Pillowcases generate superior ventilation to maximize air and moisture release—which helps reduce sweating by keeping your body cool all night long.
- INNOVATIVE SLEEP-FIT TECHNOLOGY: Featuring thermoregulating quick-drying temperature control, our lightweight performance fabric helps keep body temperature low by wicking away moisture—breathing better than stuffy tightly-woven high-thread-count cotton.
- CUTTING-EDGE ENGINEERING: Utilizing an ultra-soft athletic surface, our elastic-lined fitted sheet, flat sheet and 2 pillowcases feel incredibly silky on your skin, which soothes you into a tranquilly peaceful night of revitalizing sleep.
- LONG-LASTING WRINKLE-FREE DURABILITY: Our lustrous sheet set and pillowcases get softer with every wash. Engineered not to shrink, fade or pill, cold water, no bleach or fabric softener and a low tumble dry with no dryer sheet easily cares for them.
- LUXURIOUS SWEAT-FREE SLEEPING: SHEEX is a cutting-edge performance bedding company that lets your slumbering body naturally cool itself, which helps reduce night sweating by creating rejuvenating coziness that supports deeper, more restorative sleep.
I’ve done all the research about these sheets, and we’ll cover these important topics together:
- About SHeex
- Sheex Performance Sheet Set features (basic and technical info)
- What they feel like to use
- Why they cost so much (they’re pricier than cotton or bamboo)
- Do people like them?
- Best Sheex alternatives
- Other things you should know about Sheex
- My final opinion on whether you should buy them or not
Sheex was started by two innovative and athletic ladies, Michelle Brooke-Marciniak and Susan Walvius. Michelle is a former professional basketballer in the WNBA and Susan has been a successful basketball coach.
Sheex was born when the pair were coaching basketball together in 2007. Standing court-side in their super comfy sportswear, Susan turned to Michelle and said, “I would love to have some bed sheets made out of this stuff”. They haven’t looked back since: Sheex now offers a range of bedding and sleepwear, of which the Sheex Performance Sheet Set is the iconic item.
Sheex Performance Sheet Set Features
The Sheex Performance sheet set is available in four sizes.
- Twin/Twin XL
- King/California King
The reason the Twin/Twin XL and King/California King have been put together is that these sheets have a lot of stretch to them, and they are designed to fit both sizes nicely.
In your sheet set you will receive:
- 1 x fitted sheet
- 1 x flat sheet
- 1 x pillowcase with a Twin/Twin XL set, 2 x pillowcases with a Full, Queen, or King/California King set
Sheex sheets come in a wide range of colors, there will be something that appeals to everyone. There are thirteen different options, a veritable rainbow for you. My personal favorites are the blush pink and the forest green.
The Technical Stuff:
Sheex sheets are made from a fabric that is 87% polyester microfiber and 13% spandex. The polyester microfiber is the fabric that wicks moisture away from your body while you sleep, giving the sheets the same function as sports gear while working out. Sheex claims that their sheets are ten times more breathable than the traditional cotton sheets you’re familiar with, and 2-3 times better at wicking moisture away from your body.
The spandex in the sheets makes them very stretchy. This gives them leeway to conform well to your mattress, and helps them stay wrinkle free. You won’t have to iron these bad boys!
Just like high performance sportswear, these sheets have a bit of a sheen to their appearance, and drape quite nicely.
The construction of this sheet is a knit, and does not have any thread count as a cotton sheet would, as it is a totally different way of putting the fabric together.
The fitted sheet has a very strong elastic band around its edges, which is there to help the sheet stay firmly in place. The pockets on the fitted sheet are very deep (20 inches on the king), and remember the sheets are stretchy. This means these sheets will fit on any mattress, no matter how deep it is.
Sheex sheets are made in China.
Shipping And Warranty:
Sheex ships for free for orders over $150 for US customers. Sheex ships to selected international locations for a fee, which is calculated at checkout.
Sheex sheets come with a 30 day money back guarantee, so you can try them out risk free.
Sheex have a one year guarantee. Based on reports from current users, you can expect your Sheex to last for a good long time: many report theirs are looking as good as new 2-3 years later.
What Do Sheex Sheets Feel Like To Use?
Sheex are going to feel unlike any sheet you have ever used before. The marketing language on the website describes them as being ultra soft and lightweight. I think it’s best to imagine a really high performance, moisture wicking sports tee, and pretending that is your bed sheet. That is what Sheex is going to feel like.
If you compare Sheex to cotton, it is going to feel a lot softer, silkier, and more light-weight.
The magnitude of difference is vast, and I think this is where a lot of people struggle with Sheex as they are not quite prepared for just how different they are to the sheets they have been using their whole lives.
Why Are Sheex So Expensive?
A King/California King size Sheex set is going to set you back somewhere around $200. The biggest factor here is the actual fabric itself. Think how much a high performance sports tee costs compared to a standard cotton tee, and there you have it. The way the fabric is knit and the composition of it give it the breathability and durability you get with your Sheex, so that is the main thing you are paying for.
Furthermore, the stitching and finishing is of a very high standard and the elastic on the fitted sheet is very strong so you can expect your Sheex to last for years.
Do People Like Sheex?
Opinion on Sheex is quite divided. They are one of those things that people absolutely love, or absolutely loathe. I have also found one small issue inherent to the sheets within the complaints from people who don’t like them. Here are some opinions from both sides.
From Those Who Dislike Them:
- They find the feel of the sheets just plain strange. They find them slippery or they don’t like the stretch.
- One issue inherent to the sheets that has been identified is that they can snag on toenails, fingernails, or rough skin. If this is something that would really irritate you, Sheex are not going to be a good choice.
- Sheex are incredibly lightweight: some people just don’t like the feel of that and prefer the heavier feel of a crisp cotton sheet.
From Those Who Love Them:
- The majority of Sheex customers report that these sheets perform exactly as described and they are happy with how well they keep them cool at night.
- Just like there are people who do not like the feel of Sheex, there are many who absolutely love how they feel.
- Many people like the stretch of the sheets. It makes for wrinkle free bedding and means the sheets should fit well to your mattress.
You can see from these comments that what is great in one person’s opinion is no good for someone else. Sheex truly are divisive, but if you’re on the fence about them remember you have your 30 day money back guarantee to fall back on.
Best Sheex Alternatives
If you’re feeling a bit unsure about Sheex after reading the above (my job is to give you the whole picture, not just the positive), you have several other options if you’re looking for a change from your regular cotton sheets.
Top of my recommendations would have to be bamboo sheets. Bamboo sheets are softer than cotton, and they are more breathable too. This means bamboo is a great material if you’re looking for a breathable sheet that isn’t like high performance sports wear. They’ll also be cheaper than Sheex: you can pick up a quality set for less than half the price.
- 🌿 BEDDING SHEETS & PILLOWCASES FROM BAMBOO 100% Bamboo Viscose Luxury Bamboo Bedding Sets King, Sustainable Products, King Bedding Set, Sustainable Living
- 🌿 4pc BAMBOO BED SHEETS KING WHITE Deep Pocket Sheets King Bamboo Sheets. Set contains: 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet, and 2 pillowcases
- 🌿 SUPER SOFT SHEETS 100% Bamboo Viscose Pure Softness 100% Bamboo Sheets King, 100 Percent Bamboo Sheets Super Soft Sheets King
- 🌿 LUXURY SHEETS SATIN SHEETS We Use Sateen Weave for Our Bamboo Sheets King Set
- 🌿 DEEP POCKET KING SIZE SHEETS with hidden zipper pillowcases. 15” DEEP POCKET King Fitted Sheet, King Size Sheets with Deep Pockets
Through my hours of research in creating this post, a brand that kept popping up amongst customers who didn’t like Sheex was PeachSkin. PeachSkin sheets are also a very soft, moisture wicking microfiber so they are a great alternative that are also lower cost.
- 🍑 WHAT'S INCLUDED: QUEEN SIZE SET INCLUDES 4 Pieces: One 90" x 102" Flat Sheet, one 60" x 80" Deep Pocket Fitted Sheet with extension panel for mattresses up to 22" thick including memory foam, custom number and double pillow top heights, and two 20" x 30" Standard Pillowcases with European Envelope Closures.
- 🍑 WE'RE THE REAL DEAL The Authentic. The One and Only. The Original PeachSkinSheets from Atlanta, Georgia | Every sheet and duvet cover set comes with our Signature Orange Packaging and Peach Zipper Pull
- 🍑 GREAT FOR HOT SLEEPERS 21st Century SMART Fabric and Moisture Wicking Management for Year Round Comfort | Hot Sleepers Stay Drier and Cooler, Cool Sleepers Stay Cozy | Our sheets won't change your body chemistry or hormonal levels if you normally perspire, but they will help manage wetness through moisture wicking, airflow, and their ability to dry ultra fast
- 🍑 BREATHABLE PERFORMANCE FABRIC Made of a Lightweight, Athletic Grade Poly-Fiber Material Designed for Maximum Airflow and Wicking | Dual brushed PeachSkin finish provides an incredible 1500 Thread Count level of softness that becomes even softer with every wash | Pill and Stain Resistant | Risk Free 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- 🍑 SUPERIOR FIT AND FINISH Wide, Thick Elastic all the way around fitted sheets | Extension panels on fitted sheets for thick mattresses | Placement Labels (top, bottom, side, side on fitted sheets) | Envelope Closure on Pillowcases | Hand finished hems on Flat Sheets and Pillowcases
Anything Else I Need To Know?
- Sheex are designed not to pill. Reports from customers who have owned and used them for more than two years back this up – they report no pilling with their Sheex.
- Sheex are easily folded or rolled for wrinkle free storage
- You can machine wash and dry your Sheex, but make sure you are following the instructions and using the correct settings.
- Some people reported the colors bled from the sheets in their first few washes, so make sure you wash them separately those first few washes. Just like you would with a new pair of dark denim jeans. People also reported the color did not fade despite this.
- Sheex have a small team, and it appears some people have found it took a couple of days to get replies to emails or phone messages when they needed to contact them.
- If you want to see Sheex in person before you commit to buying them online, you can find them in Bed Bath and Beyond stores.
Should I Buy Sheex? My Final Opinion
The answer here is maybe. Sheex are a polarizing product with people who love them and people who don’t.
I think you should buy them if this is you:
- You’re looking for an alternative to cotton and like how sports clothes feel when you wear them
- Your main complaint about your current bedding set up is sweat during the night
- You’re looking for something that is very light weight
- You need very deep sheets to fit your mattress
If you’re just after something that is soft and cooling, I personally think you’d probably find bamboo sheets will serve you better.
Last update on 2022-12-10 at 17:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API