The GhostBed Adjustable Bed Base is a popular base because it’s packed with features without the sting of a big price tag. I’ll take you through all those features, but you’re really here for the GhostBed Adjustable Base Reviews: what real people who have bought this base think of it. At the time of writing this base has 2000+ reviews, which I’ll summarize for you in an easy to read format.
Let me take you through:
- Features Of The GhostBed Adjustable Base
- From Real Customers: The Good
- From Real Customers: The Bad
- Putting It All Together: My Analysis Based On The Features Of The Base And What Real Customers Say About It
GhostBed Adjustable Base Features
To me, the big standout feature of the GhostBed adjustable base is the massage. This is the base with the most massage features and the most options for your massage timer. I’ll walk you through the features and give an opinion of each where I think there’s something you need to know.
*Spoiler alert* I think the features are (generally) pretty great for your money
- Free delivery with simple setup: you unfold the base and attach the legs yourself.
- Strong warranty: limited lifetime.
- Size options: Twin XL, Queen, Split King (this may seem limited, but it’s really all you need: Twin XL is the most popular size for one person, and a Split King is the best option for a couple as you can each control your own side of the bed independently of the other).
- Legs: 12 inch height. The legs are not adjustable, which is a small niggle for me. You can buy 6 inch high legs as a separate accessory.
- Weight capacity: 750lb – this is pretty good. I’ve seen others as low as 600, and the highest isn’t usually more than 800lb.
- 4 USB Ports. This is as many as you’ll find on a super expensive base, so it’s a nice touch at this price point.
- Massage function: 15 different massage modes. You can also use the remote to set the timer for 10, 20 or 30 minutes, which is a cool feature. I don’t think I’ve seen an adjustable base with as many massage options as you get with GhostBed, it’s pretty special.
- Black bar at bottom edge to hold your mattress in place
- Prices from $1599 (check the GhostBed website for sale deals, my links automatically take you to the best price)
- Please note this base does not come with a sleep trial. This is very common with bed bases because they are such expensive items to ship. However, I need to point this out to you, because if you decide to purchase a bundle that you’re not happy with, you’ll only be able to return the mattress.
- You can buy bundles that include your base, your mattress (choose from the GhostBed range, and white or grey sheets) – you can often pick up these bundles for a great sale price.
GhostBed Adjustable Base Reviews: What Real Customers Are Saying
Something that stood out to me straight away is how transparent GhostBed is with displaying their customer reviews. They make it easy to find the negative reviews, which is something not all brands do. It’s also great to be able to search reviews by their star rating, making it very easy to compare the positive with the negative. As you can see from the snapshot above, people are overwhelmingly happy with their GhostBed adjustable base.
There are a ton of positive GhostBed Adjustable Base reviews – I’ve read through them and will summarize them for you here so you get a good idea of what people really like about this base:
- Assembly is simple
- The adjustable base does what you’d expect: helps alleviate issues such as sore back, indigestion, snoring… people are really happy with the positive impact buying this base has had on their health
- The massage features work really well (this is important: in budget bases from other brands, the massage can be weak but there are no complaints about GhostBed)
- It’s good value for money, with many of the features of much more expensive bases (like Tempur)
- The remote is easy to use
- People save space in their bedroom because they no longer need a couch for sitting and reading/watching tv etc
You can see that the overwhelming response to the purchase of a GhostBed adjustable base is positive. People say it’s the best investment they’ve made in years, and they only wish they’d bought it sooner.
Since there were only 3 really negative comments, I’m going to take you through all of them:
- “Do not rest”. I’m not entirely sure what the customer meant here, perhaps they did not find an adjustable base was suited to their needs.
- The next comment has an issue with GhostBed customer service. This is absolutely the exception to the rule and I wonder if there was confusion about only being able to return the mattress and not the base.
- The third comment also took issue with the base not being returnable when you purchase a combo. Hopefully now that I have really spelt this return policy out to you, you can see that two of these negative reviews are not really much for you to worry about.
If we go to the next level and look at the two star reviews, you’ll see similar things. One customer was caught out by the misunderstanding of the return policy (it seems GhostBed may have some work to do on their communication), one actually left a good comment but only gave two stars, and the third found the mattress in the bundle too firm for them (mattress feel is totally subjective, and it’s a shame we don’t have the writer’s sleep info like their weight and sleep position and other requirements to know if the mattress was a good match for them).
REMEMBER: if you’re a couple with different firmness preferences, you can use different mattresses on your Split King base, no more compromising!
As you can see, as long as you understand the terms and conditions, there really isn’t anything to worry about when buying GhostBed. I was really looking for comments about the motors being noisy, or the massage feeling weak, or the construction being flimsy, but I DIDN’T FIND A SINGLE ONE.
I think people are right to be happy with their GhostBed Adjustable Base, and I’m happy to recommend it to you as a great buy that you’ll enjoy for many years to come.
The only niggles are the non-adjustable legs and no sleep trial on the base (though neither of these are particularly unexpected, especially at this price point).
You’re getting a good quality base here with strong motors, unbeatable massage functionality, and as many USB ports as I’ve seen on any base.
GhostBed have been in the business of helping Americans sleep for more than 20 years and I think their dedication to making quality products that you will enjoy really shines through here. Go ahead and enjoy your new GhostBed adjustable base!