My first look at the Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base tells me it’s a best seller because you’re getting good features for an excellent price: massage modes, adjustable legs, USB ports, and more. Let’s take a deeper look at it to determine if it’s really a good adjustable bed for you to buy.
- “Best-rated adjustable bed base” – New York Magazine, The Strategist, March 4, 2021
- Enjoy lifestyle and health benefits with the Adjustable Comfort Adjustable Bed/Ergonomic Bed with programmable elevation positions, head and foot massage, USB ports, and wireless remote
- Whisper quiet adjustable bed base with separate ergonomic head and foot elevations; programmable settings for lounge, TV/PC, and zero-gravity positions
- 3-speed separate dual head and foot massage so you can unwind, relax and soothe your body
- Easy to use wireless remote with preset and programmable settings and for additional convenience two 1.5A USB ports are built in the base to charge your electronic devices
Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base – Full List Of Features
Let’s talk through all the features of the Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base. I won’t just list them, I’ll also give you my opinion.
- Weight capacity: Classic Brands claim this base can hold up to 1000lb of evenly distributed weight (I have to say I’m a bit skeptical of this, even Tempur bases don’t claim that, but it shows they’ve got a lot of confidence in the construction and quality in their base and motors)
- Sizes available: Twin, Full, Queen, King, and Split King (this is a good size range, some of their direct competitors only offer Queen and King – I really feel that if you’re buying an adjustable base for two people that a split king is the only way to go)
- Massage Features: 3 speeds, with 10 or 20 minute timer options. I think this is decent for the price. I’ve seen more expensive bases with only one option, and it looks like Classic Brands have updated the remote to have two timing options since 2019.
- Legs: You get adjustable legs with this base. Set them at 5″, 6.5″, or combine them for a height of 11.5″. I think it’s quite important to have adjustable legs with an adjustable base, as you’re going to want to play around with the height once you’ve got your mattress on it and you’ve had a chance to articulate the head and foot of the base to see how you feel about the heights. Adjustable legs are not a given with an adjustable base so it’s nice they’re included by Classic brands.
- USB Ports: 2 ports, both on the same side of the base.
- Remote: Wireless, with 6 pre-set positions including TV, lounge, and the ever-popular zero gravity. It’s pretty self explanatory.
- Warranty: You get a 3 year limited warranty. That feels a bit short to me, but it’s not uncommon at this price point.
What Do Real Customers Think Of It?
At the time of researching this article for you, this base had a massive 86% of people who were happy with their purchase, which is a great sign for you. I read through all the comments to see if there were any recurring themes or issues you need to be aware of before you buy this base.
A lot of people thought this base was good value for money. I agree: you can see from the features I listed above and how this base compares features wise to other similar priced bases below, you get the most bang for your buck with Classic Brands.
Good customer service was mentioned by several people. This is really reassuring when you’re buying an expensive item online. I’ve messaged Classic Brands with various questions myself also, and always received quick responses so this matches my experience of them. You’ll also see them responding to customer questions on Amazon, which I take as another sign of good service, as well as being easily reachable by telephone.
Other comments I saw repeatedly from people who were happy with their Classic Brands adjustable base included:
- It was easy to assemble
- The motors are quiet
- The base looks nice
- Feels sturdy
I want to give you ALL the information before you buy, so here were the themes that came through that you’ll need to think about from the negative comments.
- Some people felt the massage function could be stronger, and described it as more of a vibration (remember the thickness of mattress you use with the base will affect this too). Some also said the massage function was noisy.
- I’ve mentioned earlier in the article that this base and remote was updated around 2019. There are some people experiencing issues with their older model that can’t get replacement parts easily. This could be a future concern you’ll need to deal with if they change the current model again down the line.
- Be aware that if you buy the Split King, you will receive 2x Twin XL bases. This is totally normal and totally fine, the issue is with the USB ports: because there are two on a base on the same side of the mattress, one set of USB ports in the Split King will be unusable because they’ll be wedged in the middle of your bed where the bases join.
How Does It Stack Up Against Other Adjustable Bed Bases?
Here are the top selling adjustable bed bases on Amazon right now. They’re all a similar price, and they look pretty similar too, right? So is the Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base actually any better than the others?
Well, if you actually click into any of the Amazon listings to investigate further, you’ll find that the Classic Brands base does actually have the full range of features that its competitors are missing somewhere: the other bases either don’t have adjustable legs, or don’t have massage functionality, or as high a weight capacity.
Simply put: the Classic Brands Adjustable Base is the most complete package of all the adjustable bases in this price range.
- WIRELESS REMOTE – Bed Frame includes head and foot incline, memory position, and remote flashlight
- COMFORT BENEFITS – Adjustable bed contains a USB charge port, making it easy to relax at night
- EASY ASSEMBLY – Assembly takes less than five minutes. Two Twin XLs equal one King size adjustable bed base.
- COMPATIBILITY – Bedframe fits with any bed frame, mattress under 14 inches, and any Lucid mattress
- MADE TO LAST – Durability features a 750-pound weight capacity for Queen beds and 500 for Twin XL
- SUPPORT HEAD TO TOE: Independent head incline from 0 to 58 degrees; independent foot incline from 0 to 40 degrees
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Upon delivery, simply unfold adjustable bed base, attach legs, plug in and enjoy reading, working, watching TV, and sleeping from the comfort of your bed
- ENHANCED COMFORT: Wired remote, ultra-quiet motor, and durable construction allow for quick and easy adjustments to enhance your comfort
- A PERFECT FIT: Adjustable bed base fits conveniently inside most standard size bed frames so you can easily maintain the style you love; two Twin XL bases create a King size bed; 5-year limited warranty1. Multiple Uses (use icons)
- Your purchase includes One LUCID L150 Adjustable Bed Steel Frame in Queen Size, 2020 model
- Bed base dimensions: 79.5" L 59.5" W 14" H. Head elevation: 0-58ᵒ. Foot elevation: 0-40ᵒ. Supports a maximum weight of 600 lbs. of evenly distributed weight. Legs are made of metal and have a 2”diameter
- Compatible with all Lucid mattresses and most other mattresses under 14 inches; can fit in most bed frames
- Premium motor is extremely reliable, quiet and responsive. 5-year warranty protects your product against manufacturer defects
- Easy and quick assembly required
- 75" W x 79.5" L x 14" H
- Product Dimensions :79.5 x 75.0 x 14.0 inches.Maximum Weight Recommendation : 750 Pounds
- Programmable ergonomic head (0-60°) and foot (0-40°) elevation positions, massage, side USB ports, and wireless remote.New and improved whisper quiet motors with separate ergonomic head and foot elevations; programmable settings for lounge, TV/PC, and zero-gravity positions
- 3-speed separate dual head and foot massage functions so you can unwind, relax, and soothe your body
- Wireless remote with preset and programmable settings and child safety lock
- ADJUSTABLE POSITIONS: Find your ultimate sleeping position; choose from the TV, Head-Tilt, and Zero Gravity preset positions, or add your own customized options; Note: King size variant comes with two adjustable platforms
- CUSTOMIZABLE REMOTE: Adjust massage and positions with the click of a button, use the remote flashlight, and take your relaxation further with wave, pulse, or constant massage modes; Note: King size variant comes with two remotes
- SEPARATE HEAD & FOOT INCLINE: Manage stress and find unmatched comfort when you take advantage of independent head and foot incline
- BEDSIDE CONVENIENCES: Charge your phone with a built-in bedside USB, use the side pocket to store your phone or remote, and turn on night lights underneath to easily find your slippers
- COMPATIBLE WITH VARIOUS MATTRESSES: Complete your optimal bed with the mattress of your choice, this base is compatible with memory foam, gel foam, latex foam, and hybrid mattresses
Final Opinion: Here’s Why The Classic Brands Adjustable Bed Base Is So Popular
Overall, people’s experience of this adjustable base is very popular, and there’s no doubt it’s got more features than the others for your money. I think the main reasons it’s popular are
- GREAT price
- Massage function
- Adjustable legs
- Easy to set up, easy to use
- Articulates at head and feet
- USB ports
- High weight tolerance
- Classic Brands is a well established and familiar US based brand with responsive service
Last update on 2022-10-07 at 03:47 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API