Cool Gel Vs Cool Gel Chill: I highly recommend you buy the standard Cool Gel. Simply because it’s better value for money (they’re incredibly similar mattresses for the big price difference, I don’t really get it) AND the Cool Gel is actually in stock. You’ll wait weeks for the Cool Gel Chill at the moment. Decision made!
If you’re still unsure and want all the details, I’ve got all the Cool Gel Vs Cool Gel Chill similarities and differences for you right here. It’s a really hot question, that readers want the answer to, so here you go:
Cool Gel Vs Cool Gel Chill: Similarities?
From what I can see, Classic Brands are making changes to this particular mattress every year. A lot of the features, however, remain the same. These include:
- Both available in a mattress height of 12 or 14 inches
- Firmness rating of medium firm
- If you go directly to the Classic Brands website you will see that the description, features, and benefits of the two models are actually word for word identical!
- From going through the Amazon reviews, it seems that people are pretty happy with whichever model they chose. It’s a shame the reviews are lumped together as it would be great to be able to compare them more easily but I think any version of this mattress is going to be popular and well liked anyway.
So What Are The Differences?
The differences are subtle, but for some people they could be the deciding factors for which mattress you choose.
- The cover is different: both the Cool Gel and the Cool Gel Chill have a white and grey color scheme made from a stretch knit fabric. BUT, the cover of the Chill has a more beautiful and intricate quilting pattern. The grey color is also darker on the Chill. Overall, the Cool Gel Chill has a much nicer looking cover in my opinion, but this probably doesn’t matter as you’ll cover it up with a mattress protector and sheets so it won’t be visible.
- The internal composition is slightly different. The Chill mattress has an extra half inch of cool gel memory foam: it has 3.5 inches instead of the 3 inches found in the Cool Gel. The Chill keeps the same 14 inch height by taking half an inch of the support foam layer, which is 8.5 inches thick where the support layer of the 1.0 is 9 inches thick.
- Even though both the are rated as feeling medium firm, the 2.0 mattress is slightly softer. Not soft enough to warrant a change in firmness rating, but enough for both Classic Brands to mention it to me when I asked them. I also found customers on Amazon who happen to own both agree that the Chill is indeed slightly softer than the original Cool Gel. This makes perfect sense as the Chill has the slightly thicker comfort layer (3.5 inches of memory foam) and slightly thinner support layer (8.5 inches of base foam).
- There is a cost difference.
- The original Cool Gel comes in more sizes, e.g. 7 inches, 8 inches, etc
Is It Worth Paying Extra For The Cool Gel 2.0 Mattress?
There is no straight yes or no here. If you really really like the cover design, then yes. If you want that extra half inch of cooling gel memory foam for a slightly softer mattress then yes. These are pretty much the only two differences you are paying for, so it is up to you if you think it is worth it or not.
My personal opinion? The Cool Gel Chill isn’t worth the extra money and you’re better off just sticking with the original Cool Gel mattress for the best value for money.
There Is Now A Third Option: Cool Gel Ice
So now that we’ve got the difference between Cool Gel Vs Cool Gel Chill straight, you now also have the Cool Gel Ice to add to the mix. This mattress has the same descriptions – word for word – as its two predecessors, apart from describing the quilted cover. It’s ONLY available in a luxury 14 inch height.
The main difference here is that the cover is quilted with memory foam, which is what gives it the appearance of having an extra foam layer.
The differences are:
- the cover has been changed again, so it’s got a slightly different pattern but I believe the fabric is the same.
- The internal composition appears to be the same as the other two, but like I said above, the cover has memory foam quilted into it. This probably gives a softer feel when you lie on the mattress.
- It’s the most expensive of the Classic Brands range.
Last update on 2023-12-10 at 03:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API