Did you know that mattress vacuum cleaners have been shown to be up to three times more effective at removing dust and dirt from your mattress than an ordinary vacuum cleaner? They’re also lighter, hand-held, and much easier to use to clean your mattress. There are a lot of buying options, so how are you to know which is the best mattress vacuum cleaner?
I don’t want to confuse you with a “top ten”, I’m just going to show you what I believe to be the best mattress vacuum cleaner (made by one of the world’s leading vacuum brands). This is a mattress vacuum that meets all the requirements I think a good mattress vacuum should have (see my criteria below) and has many satisfied customers.
Let’s cut straight to it then you can read on for all the details. My top recommended mattress vacuum cleaner is:
No products found.
Here’s what you’ll find inside this article:
- Features Of A Great Mattress Vacuum Cleaner
- The Best Mattress Vacuum Cleaner
- What Real Customers Think Of It
- How To Get The Most Value From It
Features Of A Great Mattress Vacuum Cleaner
An awesome mattress vacuum cleaner will have:
- Either a long cord length or is cord free. You don’t want to be limited by a short cord while you’re trying to maneuver yourself around your mattress, especially if it’s a King or California King size. If it’s cord free, you’ll be looking for one with a fast charging time.
- Good air filtration so you don’t breathe in dust as you clean your mattress. A HEPA filter is what you’ll be looking for here. HEPA stands for “High Efficiency Particulate Absorbing”, and is a standard that means the filter removes 99.7% of small particles.
- Light weight. You want to be able to use the vacuum easily and move freely. The lighter the better.
- Decent suction. Of course you need your mattress vacuum to do a good job at suction. Mattress vacuums typically have weaker suction than a regular size vacuum (which of course have bigger motors) but should still be strong.
- A soft upholstery brush attachment.
- A good warranty period. At least 2 years is what I’d expect to see for an appliance like this.
The Best Mattress Vacuum Cleaner Is:
The Dyson V6 Hand Held Vacuum
Dyson is a brand that specializes in vacuum cleaners that are extremely popular world-wide. They’re known for their technology innovations, giving them a reputation as making the best vacuum cleaners you can buy. Their cyclonic separation technology removes dust, allergens, and other particles from the air and allow the inside of their machines to spin at high speeds for powerful suction.
Dyson V6 Features
This Dyson Mattress Vacuum either meets or exceeds all my criteria for a great mattress vacuum set out above. Here are its specs:
- Cord free for easy use, total run time is around 20 minutes
- Whole machine HEPA filtration. It has a 2 tier radial cyclone design, a filter after the motor, and the whole system is sealed. This means that air coming out of the vacuum cleaner as you use it is actually cleaner than the air you’re breathing in the room as you work.
- Weight: 3.6 lb. This meets my criteria for being light weight, it’s amazing that something so light can contain such a powerful motor! The handle is also carefully designed to fit your hand so it’s easy to hold.
- By all accounts, this vacuum has strong suction. This helps it remove dust and dirt from deeper within the mattress. It also has a max power mode if you really want to amp it up.
- Your Dyson comes with several attachments. These are: soft dusting brush, and a wide nozzle tool. It has a motorized brush bar with nylon fibers to agitate your mattress surface and really draw out dust.
- 2 Year warranty.
- Empty it regularly. The bin where the vacuum collects dirt is clear, so you can easily see how full it is. There’s a MAX line written on it: make sure you empty the vacuum once this level is reached. This is to help maintain powerful suction. If you use the vacuum when the bin is full beyond the MAX line, you’ll find the suction is not as strong as it should be.
- Wash the filter regularly. This is also to help maintain good suction. You just need to rinse it in cold water (no detergents needed), squeeze it out, and let it dry for 24 hours. This is a good tip to know so you don’t go to wash it just before you want to use it.
- Keep it charged up. This is a cordless vacuum, it has a run time of around 20 minutes. This is long enough for it to maintain a good suction and clean a mattress. This run time might seem short but it’s common for hand held models that are this powerful.
- The Dyson has a max power mode that gives you even more suction for up to 6 minutes. Be aware that if you run your Dyson in this mode, it’s going to use most of the power and shorten the overall run time, so save using this mode for really heavy duty cleaning. The vacuum is powerful enough to use on regular mode for general mattress cleaning.
Last update on 2023-12-07 at 06:08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API