Koala mattress topper: I see so many of you searching for this query I just HAD to write this article to help you out. Koala don’t make mattress toppers unfortunately, so I’ll share a great alternative with you instead.
If you’re looking for a Koala mattress topper, that tells me you’re probably looking for a memory foam mattress topper that doesn’t cost the earth, and also one that comes from a reasonably big name brand. I’ve got a topper I’ve actually tried myself that you’re going to really like, and even better, it’s got a soft side and a firm side so it’s almost like getting two toppers in one!
I’ll also list the other brands that make toppers that look great, because it’s important to show you all your options. This choice affects YOUR sleep, after all. I haven’t tried them though, so that’s a big reason why Emma’s my top pick.
- I Can Personally Vouch For This Being A Good Topper
- Soft On One Side, Firm On The Other
- Perfect Height Of 5cm
- Quality Cover With Sturdy Zip
- Cover Is Machine Washable
- Buy At A Great Price Or Get As Part Of A Massive Emma Mattress Discount Bundle
Emma Mattress Topper: My Top Pick For You
Here’s a quick look at me unboxing a king size Emma mattress topper. Get a close-up look at the two foams inside, the cover, and the zip:
Why This Is A Great Mattress Topper
- It’s the only dual firmness topper I could find
- I’ve tested it out, and the soft side is genuinely squishy and soft while the firm side is resilient and has a lot less give
- Emma regularly run deep discount sales, so you’ll definitely pick this topper up for a great price (or score even bigger discounts when you buy Emma bed bundles)
- The cover is a really nice fabric with a sturdy zip: it’s super easy to remove for washing if you need to
- It comes with a 100 night in home sleep trial! Yes, this is a common thing with mattresses these days, but it’s rare for a topper. This is an excellent bonus for you to buy with confidence
Emma Mattress Topper Features
- Breathable stretch knit cover with a sturdy zip that makes it easy to remove the cover for washing
- 5cm total height: you get 2.5cm of soft foam on one side and 2.5cm of firm foam on the other so you can flip the topper over to suit your preferences
- Free shipping, usually 2-5 days
- Price range: with Emma’s deep discounts, you won’t ever pay more than $400 for a king size.
Other Koala Mattress Topper Alternatives
- Peacelily Latex Mattress Topper: this one is special. It’s made from natural latex so it’s naturally cooling, durable, and comfortable. It comes in three firmness options, and is actually my top pick for the firmest mattress topper in Australia.
- The only reason I’m not recommending it as my top Koala mattress topper alternative is that it’s not a close match to Koala products (which is what you came here for). i.e. it’s more expensive and it’s not memory foam, but it sure is an absolutely amazing topper.
- Like Emma, the Peacelily topper has a 100 night sleep trial: I think they’re the only two brands that offer it!
- Peacelily prices: $329 – $629
Here’s a short summary table of other toppers you need to be aware of but that I don’t feel the need to explain so much, as I truly think Emma or Peacelily are amazing. I don’t want to bog you down with tons of info you don’t need.
|Brand||Firmness||Material||Home Trial: Y/N||Warranty||Price|
|Ecosa||Plush||Memory foam||N||10 Years||$330-$500|
|Octasmart||Medium||Zoned memory foam + springs||Y: 80 Nights||8 years||$599-$1299|
Koala Mattress Topper FAQ
Can You Put A Topper On A Koala Mattress?
Yes, you certainly can. However, as Koala do not make their own topper, you’ll need to buy from another brand. I recommend the Emma topper as it has both a firm side and a soft side, so you can easily change up the feel of your bed.
Can You Flip A Koala Mattress?
No. Koala mattresses are not flippable because of the layering of the materials inside. However, you should rotate your mattress every six months or so, to ensure even wear. If you want to change up the feel of your Koala mattress, you can use a mattress topper.
Which Is Better, Koala Or Sleeping Duck?
I’m gonna play Devil’s advocate here and suggest you look at Australia’s premium online mattress brand: Dusk and Dawn. This mattress is Australian made, it doesn’t come in a box, but costs about the same as a mattress in a box. In my opinion, it’s miles better than Koala OR Sleeping Duck. The Dusk & Dawn Premiere mattress is my pick.
So even though you can’t buy a Koala mattress topper, you can see that there are several awesome alternatives. You can buy a new topper for your mattress with confidence! My top pick for something close to Koala prices and fabrications is Emma, or if you want the best topper on the market, it’s Peacelily.