The general consensus is that a weighted blanket should be approximately 10% of your body weight. This is the sweet spot where the weighted blanket gives you the deep touch therapy they’re popular for, without being a hazard to your health. The heaviest weighted blanket for YOU is:
- 100 – 150lb person: 10 – 15lb blanket
- 150 – 200lb person: 15 – 20lb blanket
- 200 – 250lb person: 20 – 25lb blanket
I also have metric weighted blanket charts available here.
You don’t see many single size weighted blankets going above 25lb. The heaviest weighted blanket I feel comfortable recommending SAFELY to you as a lifestyle accessory is 35lb, for a couple (NOT individual use).
Great Weighted Blankets That Are The Right Weight For You:
Quility Weighted Blanket
- One Of The Best Selling Weighted Blankets On Amazon
- Removable Cover For Easy Washing, Available In 6 Colors
- Big Weight Range: 5 – 30 LB So There’s Something For Everyone And Every Couple
- Hugely Popular Blanket, Recommended By Time Magazine
- Best Cover Options: Choose Minky, Cooling, Or Cotton In A Variety Of Colors
- Choose 15, 20, 25 Or 30 Lb Weight
- Free Shipping And 30 Day Returns
- Best Natural Choice – Organic Cotton Cover In Graphite (Shown) Or Taupe
- Choose 15 Or 30 Lb Weight
- Free Shipping And 45 Day Returns
Heaviest Weighted Blanket – FAQ
- What’s the heaviest I can go for if I’m between blanket weights?
- This is going to be up to you! Some people prefer to round down to the nearest weight, while others like to round up. It is generally considered safe for you to go up to 12% of your body weight if you are thinking of rounding up. Remember: if the blanket is too light, you won’t really get any deep touch benefit from it and it will just be a nice blanket sitting in your house?
- Can a weighted blanket be too heavy?
- Yes. You could be putting your health in danger if you use a blanket that goes above the guideline of 8-12% of your body weight. Just don’t do it.
- Is a 30lb weighted blanket too heavy?
- For a single person, I think yes this is too heavy. If you are a couple and you are sharing it, that will be okay.
- Is it okay to sleep with a weighted blanket every night?
- Yes, absolutely. I do myself, and I believe my sleep is better for it. I can’t go back to normal blankets now! There are thousands upon thousands of people who have improved their nightly sleep with weighted blankets.
- How heavy is too heavy for a weighted blanket?
- I’ll say it again: anything that exceeds 12% of your body weight is going to be too heavy for you.
- Who should not use a weighted blanket?
- Anyone who has a medical condition that affects their breathing or their blood circulation MUST talk to a doctor before using a weighted blanket. I will also say that it is not my place to discuss their use for children, and that this should ONLY be discussed with a health professional who can safely advise whether they are appropriate or not for your child. NEVER use a weighted blanket with a baby or a toddler. EVER.
- Should I get a 15 or 20lb weighted blanket?
- This depends on your body weight. Refer to my guidelines above, and go for whichever is closest to 10% of your body weight. Make sure it’s not heavier than 12%.
Get Amazon’s Favorite Weighted Blanket:
- Quality Regulation: Our weighted blankets are made with high-quality, durable materials. At 20 lbs, the weight can help promote relaxation as well as temperature control for a great night's sleep.
- Even Pressure: This big blanket contains premium micro glass beads that evenly distribute pressure, ensuring the weight stays balanced for your comfort and tranquility.
- Better Sleep: Get this thick blanket for the warmth and comfort of a hug. The gentle pressure of the weighted micro glass beads reduces tossing and turning while encouraging relaxation.
- Restlessness Aid: We have the solution for restless sleepers! Our weighted blankets for adults help promote a feeling of security to ease restlessness.
- Choose Your Size: Use our weighted blanket weight chart to find your size. We recommend selecting a weight around 10-14% of your body weight. For assistance, please consult the table below.
Last update on 2022-10-06 at 19:38 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API