Best Sound Machines For Sleeping (As Voted By Real People)
The Best Sound Machines for sleeping are ones that filter away outside noises, help you or your baby relax or fall asleep quickly, and don’t hurt your pocket too much. There are a variety of Sound Machines available with a variety of features such as nightlights, different sound options, and headphone jacks. Which Sound Machine is best for you or your baby? In this article I take a closer look at five of the most popular models available and recommend my favorite for babies and adults.
What I cover in this Best Sound Machines overview:
- The Top 5 Best Sound Machines For Sleeping (And Explain Which Might Be Best For You)
- Which One I Would Buy
- More Information On Sleep Sound Machines
SNOOZ White Noise Sound Machine – Best For Babies
The SNOOZ Sleep-Sound machine is unique from all the others in that it is powered by a fan, which produces white noise inside the unit. White noise is really helpful for babies sleep, so this machine is great for parents. With a 4.7 out of 5 star rating from more than 1,000 reviews, this is a popular model despite its higher price tag over other machines that play manufactured sounds.
This machine was actually designed by two friends who noticed other friends using the white noise from actual fans to help their kids sleep. With all the air turbulence, power use, and other drawbacks of simply using a fan, they invented SNOOZ. With its powerful white noise settings, app controlled functionality (no need to sneak into baby’s room) and nursery decibel calibration, this is my top pick for babies. Healthline points out that having white noise too loud can be damaging to baby’s ears so do not underestimate the power of this feature inside the SNOOZ, which I didn’t find in any other models.
- Plays white noise from a fan without blowing cold air everywhere
- Internal fan motor inside produces the noise, the outer is a specially designed acoustic chamber. The fan is efficient and uses the equivalent of a 6W LED, or 98% less power than the average box fan
- 10 Tone and volume settings
- There is a SNOOZ app you can download to use your phone as a remote control to power the timer, nightlight, and sound levels
- Comes with nursery calibration for babies (it helps you choose the decibel level to protect their ears)
- 1 Year warranty
- Black or White color options
- Compared to cheaper white noise models, real users report that SNOOZ covers more noises (like those above) and has a better range of volume
- Multiple White Noise Sound Settings
- Can Be Controlled Via An App
- Energy Efficient
- Nursery Calibration To Protect Your Baby’s Ears
- Voted Best At Cancelling Out External Noises
- Only Does White Noise
- No Headphone Capability (As There Is A Fan Inside, Not A Speaker)
Dreamegg D1 Sound Machine
The Dreamegg D1 Sound Machine will appeal to a wide range of users because it can produce a number of different sounds to help you sleep. There is white noise or fan sounds for babies, and nature sounds that adults will enjoy.
With a star rating of 4.7 out of 5 from more than 2,000 users this is a great option for general use that is easy on the pocket.
- Total of 24 different sounds: 7 white noise, 7 fan sounds, 10 relaxing natural sounds (Bird, Sea Wave, Brook, Lullaby, Music Box, Cricket, Campfire, Rain, Fetal Tone, and Train sound for soothing your baby)
- Nature sounds can be useful to help you with your concentration at work or for relaxing at home
- Can be played continuously or use the 30,60,90 min auto-off timer
- It will remember your previous settings the next time you turn it on
- Available in Black or white
- 1 Year Warranty
- Headphone jack for use without disturbing others
- Big Choice Of Sound Types
- Remembers Your Previous Settings
- Headphone Jack For Adults To Use Without Disturbing Others
- No App Control
- Limited Timer Function
LectroFan White Noise Sound Machine
Another great option for parents, this is a white noise machine that does not have an internal fan (which the SNOOZ above does). This is one of the top selling models on Amazon, with a 4.6 out of 5 star rating from a whopping 4,000+ reviewers.
- Plays white noise from a speaker, there is no internal fan generating the sounds inside this model
- 10 Fan sounds and 10 noise variations
- Powered by AC or USB
- Four color options
- 1000 Day satisfaction guarantee (more than twice as long as all others in this overview of best sound machines)
- Choose Classic or Evo design (Classic has boxier edges, Evo are more rounded)
At first glance, the price of the LectroFan seems a lot cheaper for the same function than the SNOOZ, but it is lacking some of the features that made SNOOZ my top choice for parents (the app control is a game changer, and this is the only model of the review that does not have a night light).
- More Color Options
- More Power Options (AC or USB)
- Longest Guarantee
- No App Control
- No Timer
- No Nightlight
Letsfit White Noise Machine – Best Budget Option
Letsfit is another extremely popular model, again with a star rating higher than 4 out of 5 from more than 4,000 reviewers. This is the cheapest model of the review and the only one with the option for a wood grain look and an adjustable night light.
- 14 Sleep soundtracks: 3 white noise, 3 lullabies, 1 fan sound effect, 2 clothes dryer and 5 relaxing natural sounds
- Adjustable Night-light
- Timer options: 15, 30, 60, 90 and 120 min timer options
- The machine will remember your last setting
- White or wood grain color options
- 1 year warranty
The Letsfit packs a lot of features for its modest price, and has the most timer options (apart from SNOOZ) and the only adjustable night light in this review. It is let down a little by its lack of headphone jack and less variety in sound options.
- More Lullaby Options
- More Timer Options
- Remembers Your Last Setting
- Adjustable Night Light
- Overall, Less Sound Options
- No Headphone Capability
Vanzon White Noise Machine-Sound Machine – Best For Adults
With the biggest range of sound settings of all models we have covered, the Vanzon has a massive 36 settings. Along with the headphone jack it’s easy to see why this is a popular choice for adults. Current users are very happy with their Vanzon machine, it has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars from more than 1,500 customers.
- 36 SOOTHING SOUNDS – High Fidelity Soothing Sounds, Includes White Noise Machine has 7 White Noise, 11 Fan Sounds, 18 relaxing sounds like Birds, Ocean Waves, Lullaby, Stream, Crickets, Thunder and Fetal Tone
- 3 Timer options, 30, 60, 90 minutes
- Memory function: will remember your previous settings next time you turn it on
- Headphone jack
- White Color
- 1 Year Warranty
- Has The Most Sound Options (36 Choices)
- Headphone Compatible
- Only 3 Timer Options
- No Night Light
Final Verdict: My Best Sound Machines For Sleeping
I think there are two winners here: the best sound machine for babies and the best sound machine for adults.
If I were purchasing one for a baby, I would go for SNOOZ without any hesitation. The decibel control feature is incredibly important to protect delicate little ears, and the app to control the machine from another room will be a game changer for parents. Yes, it’s the most expensive machine of the review, but it’s the only one with such advanced features.
If I were purchasing one for myself as an adult, I’d buy the Vanzon machine directly above. I like the fact it has the biggest variety of sleep sounds and a headphone jack. I wouldn’t worry about the fact it doesn’t have a night light as I already have a night light that I like.